The Jobless - Part three

Another jobless month, but totally occupied, looking after my loving wife since she couldn't move herself from the bed. She became absolutely frail.

From cooking to washing, giving medicines time to time, helping her with every little thing and tending my daughter, I became a busy guy inside my home. It isn't easy though. I realised, men do very little comparing to what women does to their families.

Ramla got better every day. Physically and mentally.

She's gladdened by her family reunion after so many years. Her parents visited so often to see her well-being.

Our daughter has turned grandpa's and grandma's pet.

"Ramla, take your pills" I helped her sit down.

As she sat holding my arms, her face shrank. She still has a slight back pain.

'You will be alright, sit slowly' I said softly.

She gave me a thankful look. She looked at me in an unusual way.

"What?" I questioned her. She paused with that look.

Her hands reached mine and held so tightly.

There was a gap taken by silence. She then suddenly hugged me adoringly.

Making me feel emotional.

"Sorry dear, I really hurt you.. I'm sorry.. ' She cried

The warm tears fell off from her eyes and started dripping along my cheeks.

"I'm not the girl you deserve.." Before she continued further, I gently shut her mouth. Wiped her tears with my finger.

"I love you dear, is anything else really matters? Let's forget whatever happened. Allah is with us " I whispered into her ears.

She felt my closeness.

"How come all these?" She released herself from me very slowly and asked suddenly.

Yes ,she was meaning to how I managed the expenses all these days with a sick wife at home and definitely having no job.

I am sure she had failed to see my smartphone missing from me. But, the good news I had yet to convey is, I received a phone call to join the job before I sold it.

(END)