Give Me Another Chance

Just a short story, guys. Nothing much. Just wrote on whim. If you have some free time, feel free to read it.
********************************
Why?

The surrounding filled with trees was very dark and frightening. The moon glowed dimly as it turned into full moon in the dark of night. The rain fell on the earth as if accompanying the cries of a man who was holding a woman's lifeless body coloured with the red of blood.

Why did this happen?

The man thought as his tears rolled down his cheeks, leaving a glimmer of light which reflected the moonlight. The fact that the moon was fully in sight since the clouds were not very dark truly beautified the scenery.

However, for the man that is not significant as the lifeless body of his beloved would never came back to life.

Behind him, a upside down car was left in a state which it was hard to call it a car anymore. Smokes and fires were enveloping the car in such a frightening way.

The fact that the steel and iron turned black and crispy meant that it had exploded for awhile which showed that the fires and smokes were just some leftover of the explosion.

The man, still in his sorrow was embracing his beloved woman's corpse in a gentle way as if scared that he would accidentally break it.

The man had a beautiful black hair which was kept carefully but it was ruined by the rain. However, it did not reduce his masculinity. The black eyes which was very attractive truly suited his face while his face was coordinated perfectly.

Meanwhile, the woman had a rare lustrous white hair which flowed down until her waist. White eyes which signified her pureness and a face which would not lose to any of the world model.

Both of their ring fingers had a ring with a tiny diamond on each rings which proved that they were either married.

"This can't be...."

The man's voice wailed as he looked at his precious wife who no longer could answer him. The eyes which was usually shining with life now left empty, lifeless that never focus on the man. Her warmth which flowed from her skin now became cold as her heart stopped beating.

The dress of the woman was coloured red as the blood oozed out of her body because of the wound. When the blood fell on the ground, it was washed away by the rain which fall like it was sympathizing with the man.

"Even though this is our first anniversary after awhile...."

True. In the beginning, the man brought his wife around the city to celebrate their anniversary together. Since the man's job was very complicated, it was hard for them to find some time together. Although hard, his wife stayed patient as she understood her husband's difficulties.

Nevertheless, the man took a leave in his work during their anniversary to spend some time with his wife, which truly excite her. She wore beautiful dress, some light makeups and perfume to impress her husband.

They strolled around the park, went shopping at the mall, had dinner in a restaurant, watch some movies. It went along well until they drove calmly to home.

Rain fell as the road became slippery. It slowly becoming heavier. They drove on a hilly area. Beside them, the was a steep hill which could be dangerous since there was nothing that will stop a falling entity.

Unfortunately, a car which was driven dangerously was in front of them. Therefore, to dodge it the man braked his car and turned the steering which lead to this situation.

"I'm sorry... I'm sorry...."

The man repeated his words as he held his wife's lifeless body in his arms. His tears never stop flowing from his eyes as his sorrow was deeply carved in his heart.

Hus heart was gripped by an endless sorrow. The pain in his heart never came to an end. The guilt of leaving his wife to her death totally made him regret.

Knowing that her life would never return, he cried silently as if not wanting his wife to know that he was crying.

They fell from the cliff in their car. Their car was spinning countless times as it fell since the cliff was pretty high. Unfortunately, the bottom of the cliff was only a dark, deep forest that was very scary as there was no information about anything.

However, the man never cared about it and continued to wail.

"Please, this can't be true..."

As his voice cracked, the man could only screamed as he couldn't hold back his sorrow. As if in a painful torture, the man screamed loudly to the sky.

"Uwaaaa!!!!"

"Please..... Give me another chance to care for her...."

The man regretted that he never spend time with her ever since they were married. All the time he had, he only worked and rest as his work was endless. Although he had a few times where he was free, he used that time to rest as his work was exhausting.

Nevertheless, his wife never complain or grumble. She only welcome him at home with a beautiful smile and prepare his meals and bath. His wife truly loves him as she trusted him to the point when he's not home for a whole week, she did not suspect or had suspicion on him. She only messaged him good work or take care of himself.

The only time they always together was at least thrice a month as the man was very busy.

Thus, the man regretted the fact that he couldn't spend more time with her in the past to create more memories, more feelings between them.

"If only I could live with you again..."

I would cherish you until I die..

The man left his sentence unfinished as he swallowed his words, couldn't talk as he was struggling to cry.

Thus, the cry of a regretful man filled the night, unheard as the rain fell along as if crying together with him as there was a belief that the rain was men's best friend when they cry.

The moon shone as the clouds slowly clearing, leaving the man alone with his wife, who had her life stolen by death.
*******************************
The end. This is only a short story I wrote on whim so it's not very good but nevertheless thanks for reading.

Peace~✓😄