Back to School

Alright, maybe it wasn't the best idea in the world to come back to school after 3 weeks of being missing. It was a little strange and Oka Ruto knew that, but she didn't even want to think about her reasoning for being so late into the school year. Grasping her finger-less webbed gloves, with slight fear in her eyes as she looked up at Akademi high's white exterior. All she could do was hope that things went will for her....but that was unlikely, most of the school hated her for being.....quite creepy with her hobbies and occasional stalking tendencies.

All throughout the previous year, she had stalked two of her underclassmen, a pair of twin girls, under the belief that they were supernatural beings. She still believed this, despite all the contradicting evidence, but her actions had definitely given her a back reputation. Suddenly a voice draw her out out her minor daydream. "Oka-senpai! You're back!" the short sentences reminded her of the person, without needing to recognise the voice.

Turning around, the person who had spoke was right there beaming at her. Supana Churu, an underclassmen in the occult club, was quite peppy and energetic compared to the rest of the club but....certainly didn't stand any ground against the other students. She had a slight speech impairment, leading to her relatively short sentences that were full of quick bursts of energy to cover up any stutters or slurs. "Morning, Supana-chan," Oka greeted, with a warm and small smile.

"Was w-wonderin'." she paused for a second, her smile ever constant unlike her senpai's. "When you'd. Come back," the pauses were a little awkward, nearly always were. So most of the time, she's preferred communicating through facial expressions. "Shin-senpai looked. After. The club. For you!"

Even though any other people would find the pauses and stutters (If Supana were to speak in full, which was rare) unnerving, Oka found them quite cute and gently patted her pigtailed friend on the head. "Tell him thanks, I have something to do so if he would continue looking after the club."

"Okay!" with that, the pigtailed haired girl ran off to meet up with the rest of the club that had been waiting patiently so they could head over to the club room. As Oka looked, she saw two members that she didn't recognise. New first years perhaps? Then she remembered, something was odd about Supana. Her eye......"I wonder what happened, she never wore the eye patch last year..."

Looking around, she decided to begin work on her plans for the morning. Spotting the two twins sisters she used to stalk, she hide around one of the cherry-blossom tree with pink cheeks; looking bizarre amongst her pale features; and glanced around it to figured out where the pair went.

Suddenly a voice filled her ears, making her jump and quiver. "Hello!" she stared at the source with teary, frightened eyes and then immediately paused at the sight of a dark-haired boy that she didn't fully recognise. She had memories of the face, likely from her previous 2 years at this school, but she didn't know the other teenager. He looked quite nice though. "Are you alright, you seem a little spooked?"

"I-I'm....." she found herself unable to speak, frozen. She didn't know why however. Why was her heart beating so quickly, who was this boy. D-did he cast a hex on her to make her feel this way? She didn't understand. Eventually she found her voice and whispered. "I-I'm a-alright..."

The boy just chuckled with a smile on his face. "You seem quite shy, did I perhaps scare you. If so, I'm sorry," he quickly apologised, even though Oka could barely focus. "My name is Taro Yamada, what about you?"

"O-o-o-o-o" she found herself on loop, barely able to say anything until she took a quick breathe and whispered out. "O-oka....Ruto...."

"Well, it's been nice to meet you," he smiled, but then Oka noticed something about that smile. He seemed - it wasn't for certain, but seemed like it - to be quite sad, his eyes were glossed over and that smile never seemed to reach them. Had something happened during the three weeks she hadn't been at school? She hoped that it hadn't been scary, but you can never really know when guessing. "I should be heading off, I'm on cleaning duty for the whiteboard today. See you around."

"Okay...." she whispered, watching him leave with her face now flushed. She was still really out of it and didn't know what to think. Eventually snapping back into reality. "Okay.....lets look up hexes, see if I can find anything....about this feeling.....it feels so strange...." of course, she knew what 'love' was...but she didn't think it could occur this quickly. That's why she just to the hex or curses idea as quickly as she did. None of this made any logical sense to her.

As she walked towards the main gates, she sighed as she hoped this year would be fine. Little did she know, she was being watched. Since the moment Taro spoke to her, a 2nd year girl, by the name of Ayano Aishi, had been watching her with a look of fury. "Another one, tch...." the dark haired girl muttered as she watched Oka's back. She quickly got her phone out and typed a text to her info broker, Info-Chan, asking for the girl's details. Seconds later, her student data was updated with the new girl's information.

Name: Oka Ruto.
Age: 18  (Third year student).
Club: Occult (Founder and president).
Class: 3-1.
Crush: Taro Yamada.
Strength: Incapable.
Personality: Cowardly and shy.
Additional Info: Seems to have absolutely no interest in anything that is not paranormal. Last year, she stalked the Basu twins daily in a futile effort for evidence that they are supernatural beings.

"Hmm, has 'no interest in anything that isn't paranormal'," Ayano whispered as she looked at the information. "Well...she mentioned 'hex' so, I wonder if she believes her crush is simply a hex that senpai put on her. Well, I could certainly use this against her," she began her plotting scheme, but something made her muse over the idea of making the girl upset. Something was stopping her from finalising her plans, but she shook her head and smirked. "This might just be a interesting week."

Hi, everyone. Starting a new fic, this one actually centering around my favourite ship: Okayano. It'll have disturbing content in the later chapters, as I warned when I said 'teenagers and up' so keep that in mind.