Destiny lies in the stars

Plot - Regina is homeless and tries to get a job at Robin's diner.
________________________________
"There you go, boss," the waiter told Robin before placing the steaming cup of coffee on the table.
Robin would usually spend the morning in the small diner he owned, savouring his breakfast before getting started on the pile of paperwork which was bound to be waiting for him. He would simply check the news while filling his lungs with the rich aroma of the coffee, but that morning, something - someone - made him snap out of his usual routine.

He watched her hesitantly step inside the diner, carefully wiping her worn out shoes before entering. As much as her body betrayed her fear of being noticed, trying to limit her movements to the bare minimum, her eyes were wildly scanning the surroundings. Robin intently observed the woman as she approached the cashier, trying to make out what she was saying. After quite some effort, he caught on some words and signaled the employee to send her over to his table.

The woman hesitated for a moment before slipping onto the cushioned chair opposite from Robin, but instantly sighed in relief as she found a comfortable position. After only a few seconds, the woman remembered that her clothes were too dirty for her to sit the way she wanted to, so she quickly tried to make herself cover as little space as possible.
"I heard you were looking for a job. I am Robin Locksley, I own this place," he said, offering a kind, encouraging smile.
"I... I am Regina, but I was not exactly looking for a regular job, that would be rude of me to ask for, given my current state. I was wondering if it would be profitable for you to hire me, but pay me with a single meal per day, rather than the normal salary," she said as she fidgeted with her hands.

For Robin, it was an odd request. No one ever came in and asked for a job, but offered to work without receiving an actual paycheck. He could see she looked disheveled, her clothes were torn and dirty, while the occasional patches of skin he could notice were covered in bruises. Without having to ask, Robin knew she probably lived on the streets, but tried her best to keep herself clean.
"Let's start with a meal, what do you think? I was going to have breakfast, so you could join me," Robin said.
Seeing the way she retreated into herself, the man quickly spoke again.
"This one is on the house, you do not have to pay for it. We will go over the details and you can start next week, if that works for you. What would you like to have?" he asked, pushing the menu towards her.
Regina could not bring herself to ask for the meal she wanted, but Robin quickly noticed the way her eyes lingered on a certain photo in the menu.

After spending a couple of hours discussing with Regina, Robin remembered that she did not have a place where she could sleep. He vehemently refused to leave her on the streets again, so he kindly invited her to his house, where she could occupy the guest room.
To say that he needed to convince her she would not be a burden would be an understatement, but Regina finally accepted to join him. For the first time in many years, Regina encountered so much kindness coming from a single person, so she could not stop herself from letting Robin help her.

"Bathroom," Regina managed to say as she entered Robin's house.
Moments later, she was hunched over the toilet, gripping the porcelain seat with a force which made her knuckles white. Robin quickly followed her, wincing at the horrible smashing sound her kneecaps made when they connected with the tiles on the floor. He gently massaged her back, trying to soothe the convulsions her body went through while trying to remove the food she ate. When she stopped throwing up, Robin quietly welcomed her to lean on him, engulfing her in a warm embrace.
"I will take a wild guess and say that your stomach was not used to receiving so much food in a short time?" he asked.
She answered with a simple affirmative mumble, trying to calm her stomach down.
"How about I leave you alone for a while so you can take a bath? I imagine it would do you more good than a shower, you are freezing. I will go fetch you some clothes you can wear and maybe make some toast and tea so you will have something in your stomach," Robin said.

A while later, Robin was leaning on the bathroom door, which Regina had left open, while looking at the woman in front of him. She was giggling as she played with the bubbles she poured into the bathtub and all of her worries seemed to have vanished. She clearly acknowledged Robin's presence, but made no move to send him away. Instead, the woman continued to laugh and enjoy her bath as much as a child would have.
"Are you having fun, milady?" Robin asked as he sat on top of the toilet seat, next to her.
"I have not taken an actual bath in so many years, I almost forgot what it felt like!" she said.

After Regina dried herself and got dressed in Robin's clothes, the two of them settled in the living room, each one finding a comfortable spot on the couch. They went over the details of Regina's new job, her duties and the salary Robin insisted she should receive, but finally chose to watch TV for a while. Not long after that, Robin peeked at Regina, only to find her fast asleep, curled up underneath the heavy blanket. He decided not to move or wake her, but he managed to make enough noise for her to open her eyes.
"Could you please... Actually, it's nothing, good night," she said, clearly visible on her face that she very much wanted to go on.
"What do you need me to do?" he pushed.
"Could you stay here? It is too quiet and it ironically makes me afraid," she said, her voice resembling a whisper more and more as she spoke. "Quietness is never a good sign," she added.
Robin smiled, then resumed his place on the couch, keeping a respectable distance from her. People might call him insane for taking a woman out of the streets into his home, but the more Robin nurtured her, the more he realised she could only thrive with a little bit of help.

________________________________
There you go, my first one shot! :)
If you have any ideas or want me to write a specific plot, I'm waiting for your messages.