Moonfur is gone?! (Chapter five)

"We have a visitor, Heronstar." Mewed Stormclaw. "It's Whitestar."

"Let him in." Was his reply.

Whitestar padded in, flanked by Stormclaw, Nightwing and Gingerfoot. He looked around camp, seeing the dens and freshkill pile was a quarter full.

"I see that you are going through a lot right now. And I want to apologise for Foxstar's behavior last night." The white tom mewed when he entered Heronstar's den.

He nodded and flicked his tail and Gingerfoot and Nightwing both left leaving Stormclaw with them.
"Nightwing, you, Gingerfoot and Lightningfur go hunt. And tell Dawnpool, Lilystream, Hazelpaw and Whiteheart to do a border patrol along WillowClan's border.
Tell Weaselfur that him, Thunderheart, Sunpaw and Rabbitpaw that they are patrolling the FireClan border." Mewed Stormclaw as they was leaving out. They flicked their ears to show they heard him.

"No need to apologise for that. I'm used to it." Mewed the gray tom with black spots.

"He wasn't like this when we was younger. He changed when you was born."

Heronstar only looked at him with sadness in his eyes before closing them. He got up and went outside of his den. "Stormclaw guard camp with Moonfur until we get back."

His deputy nodded and took up his position beside the camp entrance before calling Moonfur over who had came from the medicine cat den.
~~~~~

Whitestar and Heronstar both walked towards FireClan's border, encountering Weaselfur's group who reported that they didn't have any trouble this time.

"I don't see why Hawkflight likes to fight a lot." Commented Whitestar. He flicked his ears before jumping across the border looking back to see if Heronstar was coming. He saw him nodding his head and he continued. "We'll head for tall trees over near TreeClan's border. I hope you don't mind." Another shake of his head.

They continued walking with Whitestar leading them along the edge of his territory. Heronstar understood but didn't question it.
He walked side by side easily dwarfed by Whitestar.

He was small compared to the leaders but was still big compared to other warriors. Whitestar was the biggest of all leaders with big paws and well defined muscles with broad shoulders.

They finally got to their destination. Whitestar started climbing the tree and was halfway up before looking down and seeing Heronstar looking up, craning his neck. "It's easy. Just put your claws in the tree trunk and ease them out before doing it again." He bellowed out in his deep but smoothing voice.

Slowly but surely Heronstar got the hang of it and before long he was sitting on a tree branche, overlooking FireClan's territory and seeing his own. He could see little shapes moving back and forth and assumed it was the hunting patrol. He looked down by mistake and saw how high he was up.

He scrambled backwards running into Whitestar who kept a steady grip on the branch. He gently and lightly shoved him back to where he was. "Try not to think about it. And always keep a firm grip." He ordered with a light smile on his face.

He nodded before turning to him.
"Any particular reason why you brought me here." He mewed before seeing TreeClan's territory and seeing Blackpelt, Tigerstripe and Fernpaw in their training spot.
Both warriors he grew up with and they betrayed him. He considered them as brothers.

"You know that Flowerpelt...was a amazing warrior and queen before she passed." He began. Heronstar nodded so he continued. "Well I had feelings for her when we was apprentices and as younger warriors. But she chose your father. You could've been my offspring had she not chosen him." He mewed before taking a big breath.