Chapter Sixteen

-JOE'S POV- later that night Demi an I were laying in bed. I was stroking her hair to calm her down a little. "you asleep, baby?" I said as I kissed her head. "no. I can't." she started playing with the buttons on my shirt. "why not?" "I'm scared." I grabbed her arms and pulled her up so we were both sitting up and looking at each other in the eyes. "what? Why?" I was concerned. Id been trying to avoid this from happening this whole time. I didn't want her to be terrified to the point where it affected her like this. "baby, about what? Im right here and I'm not going anywhere. Got it?" I hugged her and kissed her. She wrapped her arms around me and then pulled away from the kiss. She was looking at the door. Suddenly her eyes widened. "what's wrong?" I turned around when I saw her point at the door and scream. When I did turn, I saw him. Standing there. I immediately got up. I know I've said this before but this was the last straw. I walked toward the door when I felt something pull me back. "Joe! Are you crazy?" she pulled my arm. I looked back at her. "Demi, I'm ending this..now!" I pulled away from her grip and turned around to find that he was gone. Again, really? This was getting old. But I wasn't going to let him get away this time. I opened the door and looked around. Dammit. Nothing. Suddenly a hand touched my shoulder...