three

Julia:

I was awoken again at 3am but this time, daniel is here.

"what's wrong bubs?" he says bending down to Phoenix's level.

I roll over and put my hand under my head, like it was a pillow and listen to the conversation between my two boys.

phoenix glances towards me and then back to daniel. I see his eyes start to fill up with tears, almost like an ocean.

"what's wrong?" daniel says wiping away the stray tear that skidded down his cheek.

he breathes heavily and just wraps his arms around daniel almost like a koala.

"I missed you so m-much" he cries.

I feel small tears come to my eyes and daniel makes eye contact with me, and I see he's the same way. he  plops down on the floor and phoenix sits on his lap and still hangs onto him.

play song above ;)

"it's okay bubby" he tries to sooth him.

he cradles him, almost like rocking him and starting humming a tune, that I was very familiar with.

wise men say

only fools rush in

but I can't help

falling in love with you...

daniel would always sing this song when I was pregnant, with phoenix and he would always go nuts when daniel sung; especially this song.

"I love you phen, (fean) forever?" daniel holds his pinky out and phoenix smiles.

"forever" they looks their pinkies and daniel pulls him into a strong hug, almost crushing him.

he takes him out of the room and minutes later he comes back, returning to his spot in bed. he smiles at me and lays his hand upon my cheek. he drags his finger along it, like i'm almost fragile.

"I love you" I place my hand upon his. he smiles and presses his pink lips onto my lips.

"I love you too" he pulls me into his chest and all you can hear is both of us left out big breathes— we didn't know we were holding in.

"goodnight my love"

"goodnight dani"

i'm so sorry these are so short. I just want to ease you into the story and use more descriptive words and keep you up on things that happened in the past two years since you last saw the Seavey family. :)