Strong Woman

My eyes get glued to his face as I just stare at his features. He looks almost the same but is a little older then when I last saw him. His hair looked a little lighter with the sun from the window hitting it. His eyes look up and meet mine immediately. His serious expression changes right away to a soft one.
I freeze in my spot not expecting to see him so soon. I mean... I eventually was going to have to see him, which was gonna be at the wedding but I didn't think I would see him here! He stands up and speaks
"Mia?" I hear him say softly as if he's surprised to see me.

I start to feel a little dizzy and balance myself by holding the table.
He looks at the people that are sitting around in the meeting room who are just staring at us looking confused.
"Could you please give us a minute?" He asks and they all start to make their way out

I take a seat and he comes closer to me. I let out a small chuckle when it finally hits me.
"C.D.M. Corp.... I'm so stupid" I mutter under my breath.

"Mia, what are you doing here?" He asks and takes a seat beside me

"I have a meeting with a potential investor for my company and I'm guessing YOUR the potential investor." I say as I let out a sigh

"What? YOUR company? I thought I was meeting with someone named Carlos" he says

"Carlos is my Co-partner. C&M? Carlos and Mia??" I try to state

He lets out a sigh and stands up. He goes to one of the windows and looks out towards the city.
There's an awkward silence before he lets out a sigh.
"I guess I was wrong. I never thought you would be able to make it this big and I'm impressed." he says with a small chuckle and he opens his arms pointing towards the room

That leaves me in an agitated mood
"Well anything's possible" I say as I cross my arms

"Ya I can see that" he says and comes closer to me

"I didn't know you had it in you." He says in a low raspy voice as he plays with a piece of hair hanging loosely down the side of my face.

I start to remember the time he was yelling at me and telling me I don't understand anything about the business world.

"Mia your even more beautiful then the last time I saw you" he breathes out

I push his hand away and walk away towards the window

"Mia when you left, I needed to know you were safe. I needed to know what you were doing at all times so I had sent security to look after you and update me. I had them follow you for a year. But when they told me you were living your life and was studying, I realized I needed to let go. I didn't want to be with anyone else but you. I loved you Mia" he says from behind me

He followed me for a year?
I turn to face him
"Well Dylan I was only 18 at the time. I needed to start my life" I say

"I see that now. I realize that now but Mia I never forgot about you. I never stoped thinking about you" he says and walks towards me.

He holds my hands and places his forehead against mine. I feel a tingle go down my spine.

"I've missed you so much" he says in a whisper

I close my eyes and feel his warm breath. His touch does something to me. I haven't felt like this in so long. I missed this.... I missed him..
I can't do this...
I take a step back and look into his eyes with a cold expression.
"I'm sorry Mr. Moore but this meeting is going to be strictly business. Remember, we don't let emotions come in the way of business." I state trying to restate the same words Dylan's mom had told him back when I used to stay there and what he told me when he got mad at me once and thought I 'didn't know anything about the world, never-mind business'

I didn't want this to be anything more than business. What we had was 7 years ago, I can't let what happened then get into the way of now.

"If we could please continue on with the meeting, I have other appointments I must get to" I say and call the others to come back in. For a minute he stands there staring at me with confusion on his face. Then he finally processes what I'm talking about and we start the meeting.

****
As soon as the meeting is over, I grab my things and head out the door. I'm exhausted and just wanted to get to my hotel and sleep. I spent all of last night putting together a winter collection and didn't get much sleep on the plane either. I've always been afraid of flying.

As soon as I get to my hotel and I'm checked in, I entered my room and throw myself on the bed. I needed to sleep since I had a long day tomorrow for Lexi's wedding. I needed to be there at 10am to get ready so it was better if I had a good rest.

As I close my eyes and think about the events of today, I can't help but think of Dylan. Was I being rude? Acting a little extra?
I can't help but say that I'm different then when I was 18.
I wasn't that little girl anymore who let people push her around. I was a strong woman who didn't let anything come in her way. I wasn't going to let Dylan push me around like when I was younger.

"Stop! Think of nothing, think of nothing" I tell my self

"What the hell is nothing?" I question.....

Ugh Mia just sleep!! I say to my self and shut my eyes tight letting the darkness surround me.

Ooooooo
Y'all how do you feel about this!?!!?
Lexi is getting married!! Omg! Next chapter is gonna be about her wedding!
Who's excited???
Let me know what you guys want to see in the upcoming chapters
Don't forget to vote and comment
Thanks everyone!
Bye for now 💋