Chapter two

The pain in my head was numb but there.

"...what's her age?" I heard a female voice say. She sounded older, maybe late thirties, southern English.

"Nineteen." The males voice was familiar, he sounded bored. My browns frowned, were they talking about me?

"Where is she from?" The female asked.

"Birmingham." He sighed.

"That's far, Elijah. Smart. If her family is looking for her, they won't think about the shetlands." The woman voiced.

"She doesn't have family. I made sure of it. No one cares about her, so no ones looking." He sighed, I heard typing, I'm guessing he was typing on his computer or laptop. His words hurt. Of course I had people. Well I had two people, neither of which were family but they were friends. One was my roommate and the other her boyfriend. We weren't best of friends but we were friends.

"Good, let's hope she wakes up and heals fast, I know for sure Dominic will be interested in her. I'm sure excited to see her." The woman beamed.

Suddenly I was hit with a rush of pain in my eyes. I winced and went to sit up.

"Delilah!" Elijah shouted, his chair scrapped across the floor. He ran to my side, his body weight dipped the bed, his hands came to my face and he applied pressure to my temples.

"Does that hurt?" He asked. I nodded and winced. "Right, I need to remove the bandage and add a new one with more cream, you'll also need and injection." He explained and I felt him unclip something from the bandage. "Wait! I can't have an injections!" I stopped him, he paused and put a hand on mine "I know you're scared of them, but you need them to heal probably."

Without waiting for my answer he started unwrapping my bandage. I winced when there was only a layer of bandage left, then when he pulled the it away and I heard a gasp. "Elijah..." The woman whispered.

"Fuck..." The man breathed. I tried opening my eyes but I physically couldn't. My eyes were sealed shut and the pain was excruciating.

"Don't try, Delilah. You have an infection." The man stroked my hair. "I don't understand..." I moaned in pain. I went to touch my face again but my hands were still cuffed to the bed. "I know, I know." Elijah whispered, his hand went to mine and he squeezed it encouragingly. "I need to give you something so I can put you to sleep, then I'm going to take a look, give you some shots and then when you wake up I'll give you some pills, okay?" He told me and I nodded. He went to let go of my hand but I squeezed it, asking him to stay.

"Thank you." I said. "For what?" He said confused. "For telling me what you're going to do. For helping me. Please, explain what happened to me when I wake up." I said to him. He stiffened. "Don't thank me. I don't deserve it. But I will tell you everything when you awake." With that he let go of my hand and a moment later put a needle in my arm. I winced but soon enough I felt light headed.

"Elijah..." The woman said accusingly. "What?" Elijah said. I heard shuffling and moving around. "I know that look. Don't you dare do what I think you're going to do." The woman stubbornly barked, a little to loudly and I winced. "Quite. And I don't know what you mean." He mumbled.

"Don't you dare fall in love with her."

Elijah chuckled, "you know I don't do that. I've never been in love."

"No, but you've been obsessed. But I've never seen you look at them people like you look at her. She may be your best creation, but don't you take away her right to love another. You love what you made her. You don't love her. You give her freedom every now and then, you let her live her own life and she'll give you want you want. You know the rules. You know how it works. You understand?"

Elijah took in a deep breath and exhaled. "Yes. I understand. But I can't make any promises. She's..."

My mind suddenly went foggy and I felt a hand rub my cheek.

"She's mine. She won't leave me. I won't allow it."