Chapter three

Pain. Pain. Pain. Pain.

So intense that it made me feel like I was dropped from a thousand feet without a parachute and didn't die.

I wanted to cry out. To scream in agony. But my throat was swollen shut, dry and burning. What was happening to me? I let out a quiet whimper, that even I could barley hear it.

A hand came out my cheek and if I wasn't in so much pain I would have flinched. "I know. I know, lovely. Just a few more weeks and the pain won't be as strong." The man- Elijah- spoke softly. A cup was placed at my lips "drink, it's water" I eagerly gulped down the liquid and when it was empty I whimpered. I few seconds later another cup is placed at my mouth and I swallow all of that as well.

"Now, I need to change your bandage again, okay? I'm going to give you a strong pain killer so I can take a look, alright lovely?" He explained and I nodded, he placed a needle at my arm but I couldn't even react. How was a tiny needle going to affect me compered to the pain in my skill.

Within minutes the pain dulled and I felt lightheaded. He began to unwrap the bandage and he let out a sigh of relief when the last layer came off "thank god." He whispered. "What is it?" I ask him, my voice still croaky. "The infections gone. It should be about two weeks for the swelling to go down and a month or two before you can open your eyes." He explains to me. I nod slowly and wait for him to put another bandage on "are you putting another on?" I ask him. He chuckles lightly, "yes, I'm just going to clean your eyes and then let some air get in. Give me five minutes, okay lovely?" I nodded.

He softly dapped something wet on my face and I wince "it's strong disinfectant, it'll help it heal quicker and the risk of an infection again is lessened." He tells me. I nod again and try to bare the pain "what happened to me?" I ask. He sighs and stops moving his hand momentarily.

"Look, Delilah it's best you don't know everything right now, stress can slow down healing. Just know that you'll hate me when you see it, but you'll live a life of luxury- with me of course- for the rest of your life and your name will always be remembered." He tells me. If I could I'd scrunch my face up. "Did you give me intense Botox or something?" I ask him, it was a serious question but now I've heard it, it sounds silly. He laughs hard "no, lovely, Botox doesn't take months to heal. Or it shouldn't. No, this is much more intense than that." He told me.

I couldn't think of anything. All I could focus on was pain and confusion. Something about this just didn't sit right with me at all. This whole situation felt wrong.

I don't know how long I've been here, how long I've been missing, if anyone is worried about me, if there's anyone looking for me.

Who would look for me?

A bitter taste appeared in my mouth and my mood turned even more sour.

"Stop clenching you're face." He told me sternly. I relaxed my face and my hand released its grip of the bars on the side of my bed.

I sighed and waited for him to finish cleaning my wounds. I felt him move away and a few seconds later he pressed something to my eyes and began wrapping something around my head.

The pain had mostly dulled, I still had a slight headache but it was bare able.

A few moments later he sat back down on the edge of my bed and place a hand on my face.

"You are beautiful." He told me. A small smile tugged my lips "Thank you." I replied. A moment later he pressed his lips to my forehead and put his arm around my shoulders and his hand on the back of my head. He held be for a few moments before pulling back. "You must be hungry? I'll go get you some food." He told me and I heard his shoes moving across the floor.

A few minutes he came back and sat back on the bed. He placed something at my lips "It's a ham sandwich" he told me. I opened my mouth and began eating.

Once I'd eaten the whole thing he placed the plate on a table and stood "I'm going to give you something that will help you sleep and help with the pain" he told me. I nodded and he placed the IV back in my arm. A few moments later I felt myself drifting to sleep, I slid down the bed until my head make contact with the pillow, sleep over took me.