Kiss It Better (Sugawara x reader)

Fandom: Haikyuu!!
Reader-insert: NeutralPairing: Sugawara Koushi x reader
Genre: Romance | Drabble
Warnings: None
Word Count: 785
Estimated Reading Time: 3 minutes

"Koushi!" You called out his name when you spotted him sitting at a bench outside the changing room.

His hazelnut eyes sparkled as soon as he saw you dashing towards him. "(y/n)!" A huge heartwarming grin adorned his handsome face as he waved his hand up in the air in a greeting manner.

"Congratulations!" You beamed, smiling brightly at him as you patted him in the head tenderly.

"Thank you!" He said coyly, scratching the back of his neck.

"You guys did great! This last set was so intense!" You took a seat next to him on the bench.

He chuckled softly. "That it was," he replied.

"Nice receive back there," you complimented.

"Oh, it was nothing." A short humble laugh left his lips.

"What are you talking about? You're very impressive." You praised him.

"Ah, (y/n), you're complimenting me too much." A small blush dusted his cheeks.

"You deserve it." You stated. "Also, let me see your forehead." You turned your body towards him to take a better look at his face.

Koushi tilted his head in confusion until he remembered he got hit on his forehead with the volleyball during the last set.

"Oh! Don't worry, I'm fine." He assured you, a tiny smile tugging at the corner of his lips.

"Still... That looked painful, so let me see." You insisted, getting closer to him before sliding his bangs to the side to inspect the swollen spot on his forehead.

Koushi closed his eyes as you examined his forehead, relishing the way the pad of your digits rubbing soothing and gentle circles over the reddish spot. Your face was so close to his that he could feel your soft breaths against his skin. He was sure that if he took a peek he would see your luscious lips inches away from his. Inwardly, he bit his lip and gulped down, thinking: 'P-please, marry me.'

"It's slightly swollen. Does it hurt?" You queried in a worried tone.

"A little bit." He admitted sheepishly.

You hummed before leaning up to peck his forehead ever-so-tenderly. The kiss was fleeting and he felt it burning his skin in a pleasant way. Taken by surprise, Koushi froze for a second before becoming a flustered mess.

"Did-did you just kissed it better?" He inquired in a high-pitched tone as he fluttered his eyes open.

"Mhm. Does it hurt, now?" You asked, staring into his hazelnut eyes.

He shook his head and look down to his hands as he suddenly remembered that embarrassing event during the set.

"When I got hit by the ball... I thought: how lame," He admitted embarrassedly.

"It was pretty lame," you agreed, teasing him.

"Hey!" He protested, pursing his lips in an adorable pout. "It still hurts. I guess your kisses don't work." He mumbled playfully.

"Oh is that so? Let me try again."

Before he could react, you cupped his cheeks in your hands and leaned forward to press your lips against his still puckered ones in a loving kiss. He could feel his heart raming furiously against his chest as his face turned crimson.

You pulled away from him, acting as if nothing had happened and said: "Give your best tomorrow, too. But be careful, yeah? I don't want you to get hurt." You caressed his beauty mark with your thumb before retrieving your hands.

Koushi tried to cover his redden cheeks with his fist, making you snicker at his cute demeanour. The kiss had been brief but the warm feeling lingered on his lips for a while. Kissing him had been very bold of you if he had to admit it. However, he could be bolder and wicked.

"Will you kiss all my wounds better?" He raised his eyebrows in a mischievous manner.

"Indubitably." You assured him with a sly smirk creeping on your face.

"Then I might want to get hurt on purpose." He teased, pursing his lips again.

"You'd better not," you warned before claiming his lips once again.

This time, the kiss lasted longer and it was more sweet and intense than the other one. Koushi rested his hand on your waist, pulling you closer to him as you cupped his left cheek, rubbing it comfortingly.

The tender moment you two were sharing was soon interrupted by Daichi clearing his throat as he came out of the changing room. Kouchi stood up quickly and jabbed his friend on his side, laughing endearingly.

"Daichi! Are you and the guys ready to go?" Koushi snickered as his friend double over in slight pain.

You laughed boisterously and shook your head at Koushi's antics. Sighing dreamily, you realised you had fallen in love with such a sweet and lovable dork.