Ch.8 |Life Kicks the Can|

I didn't want to wake up today. Not after all that has happened the day before. The alarm kept ringing as I just stared at the ceiling. For once I had no energy to wake up and go to school. Nothing awaits me there now. Why even go?

"Can get you ass up! You're going to be late for school. If you don't have the grades at least have a good attendance!" My mother shouted from the kitchen.

I sighed and got out of bed making sure I put the correct pair of shoes on and made my way downstairs.

"Here. Eat your getting skinny," she pinched my cheek. "I even cut up some cantaloupe so you can eat at practice!" She continued.

There I was all grumpy and groggy not even hearing cantaloupe make me happy.

"I told you mother. The innocent pure boy's heart been shattered by his first love," Ley said. "By Kat..."

"Ley be quiet!" I blushed hearing her name.

"Both of you be quiet and eat already," my mother scolded us.

"Oi, what's up with you son? You don't look so good," my mother asked and checked my forehead. "Did a girl really break up with you," she said with a sly smile.

"No," I said. "Stop listening to Ley.
The girl just speaks nonsense."

My mother finally sat down and put on her serious face. "What's really happening, huh? What's wrong? Tell me the truth. This past week you've been acting weird and not as your usual self," she said. "Is something going on in school?"

"Can are they really bullying you at school," Ley laughed. "I was just joking. Not a surprise though the kid talks too much. Probably annoyed their brains out," Ley laughed again.

"Ley! Stop being rude to your brother. Get out of here and leave us alone. I want to talk to your brother alone. And I'm also going to have a talk with you when you get home," my mom said and Ley quickly left scared of getting her more angry.

"Can. You can tell me honey."

"Mhmm this boy has been giving my life hell this week. That ass-"

"Can don't curse."

"Sorry. It's because he gets me so angry mom. It's also his fault that I got kicked off-" I stopped myself.

"Wait what. Kicked off?"

"From the soccer team"

"That soccer team!" My mother yelled. "How?! Don't tell me you got an another fight Can. I told you to stop listening to those kids."

"It's not them. It's this one kid I met last week. I don't know what he has against me but he's out for me."

"Why did you get in a fight huh?"

"He's rude and insulted me and all the people I love. Even grandma..."

"Still, Can, you need to learn how to control your actions. You're too impulsive."

"I knew you weren't going to understand. No one does. You weren't there..." I said and stormed off to the door.

"Can come back here!" My mother shouted.

_____
[School]

I arrived at school even though I didn't wanted it. Sadly. It beats staying home with my mom nagging me. I saw Ai' Good and was about to avoid him when I saw him carrying a familiar object in his hand. My backpack. He kept looking around for me and finally spotted me.

"Can! How are you... doing?" He jogged up to me in slow-mo. 

I frowned at him and shot him a glare for that question.