Ch.13 |Dinner of Masks|

|Tin|

I'm running to my car and put my gps to the address that my father gave me. I hesitated putting it in but I fear of what would happen if I didn't.

When driving I saw Can and his sister arguing and Can with a pout on his face later turning it into a smirk.

Why does he always have a stomp to his walk? And why is his hair always bouncing?

A small smile crept on my face. I later realized I was smiling and later put on my blank face. Blank face is my favorite and used mask that works in any situation.

Why am I smiling over this idiot? I never did before. I have taken a notice on this boy. And it wasn't after our first physical encounter. I've seen him before around campus.

I would always see him smiling all the time we he would walk with a skip to his walk and his hair dancing in the air. He would always be eating cantaloupe every time I would see him. And I thought isn't it tiring always being so happy and bright? It's awfully tiring for me and I have no interest in it. He an outlandish one.

___
[Fancy Restaurant]

"You're late," my step-brother said.

"I had an incident at school," I sighed as I always do when I am reminded of his existence. "Maybe I would've came earlier if you didn't chose a restaurant that's across the country," I say as I took a seat without even acknowledging my father and his leech. It's not like they care if I even greet them. They don't knowledge my existence and I return the favor.

He just smirked at me and said,"Shall I tell father your getting smart with me?" He said.

I winced.

Sitting down I shut my mouth and didn't even pay attention to my father and his money leech family. Although I'm in this table with my so called family I still felt damn lonely. I'm not supposed to feel lonely am I? Are all families like this?

Dinner was quiet as always. And if they did talk it would be just my father and her leech and her son talking about their accomplishments and their phony lives. And if I was part of it it would just be if I was doing anything they deem wrong.

Father interrupts the silence.

"I've been seeing your grades Tin and they are not where I want them to be," he says as he takes a piece out of his steak. "Your grades are going down? What have we talked about? As always useless like his mother," he muttered.

"And now you have me honey," she cooes. "And us," the leech said as he hugged my father's arm.

"Your brother here was top honors and -" he said. There he goes again talking about my step-brother and comparing him to me. I had enough.

"I'm working on it," I said as I interrupted him.

"Don't you dare interrupt me. So rude with no manners. Do I need to educate you again," he warned with a blank face. I hate to admit it but my father and I are alike. We both use masks.

"No sir," I say.

"I'm going to ought to teach this boy some manners. At least have some manners you disgrace," he says again.

He loves repeating himself. I heard you the first time you old gremlin.

"Yes father," I say in a robotic voice.