twin peaks || end

so, you're completely over chloe

Jennie had scribbled the note in the corner of her sketchbook, then turned her easel slightly so that Chaeyoung could see.

yes

Chaeyoung wrote back, when she was sure the Professor's attention was fixed on some guy who was in the depths of a crisis over which kind of tree produced the best charcoal.

then why have you spent the past hour staring into her eyes?

Jennie was right, of course. They were focusing on light today, and so Chaeyoung thought it was entirely reasonable she had spent the session carefully recording the way Lisa's eyes filled with reflections of the rooms.

Honestly, Chaeyoung loved Lisa's eyes. They were brighter now than she remembered them being, maybe a reflection of her new hair colour, and brighter, and now they were ringed with dark shadows that didn't used to be there. Lisa's gaze flickered over things lightly, like the rest of her they were almost always in motion, but sometimes they would settle on something with an incredible intensity, and Chaeyoung couldn't help but wonder what Lisa was thinking about. Chaeyoung liked it best when one of those looks landed on her. When she felt like Lisa was taking her in, really taking her in, peeling back layers of nervousness and fake bravado till they were both kids again.

It didn't matter though, because like Chaeyoung had said, she was over her crush.

you're one to talk

Chaeyoung wrote back, with a meaningful glance at Jennie's page, where she had dedicated the session to a lovingly detailed depiction of Lisa's chest.

I know right, aren't they great?

Chaeyoung didn't need to look at Jennie to picture the smug smile accompanying the note.

"All right, that's it for today everyone." The Professor announced, already on the way out of the room. "Thank you Lisa."

If she had looked back, she would have seen Lisa enthusiastically flipping her off while still completely naked, so perhaps it was a good thing that she didn't.

Chaeyoung quickly folded her art supplies away, consciously angling her body to avoid having to look too long at Jennie's drawing. Or its subject, until she had pulled on her robe.

"So," Jennie said, conversationally, "if you're completely over your crush I suppose you won't be going out tonight?"

"If we go out tonight, it will be nothing to do with whether or not I used to have a crush on anyone."

"Who has a crush?" Lisa asked, having snuck up behind the two of them so stealthily that Chaeyoung almost jumped out of her skin.

"No one!" Chaeyoung said quickly, then, realising that this made little sense considering what Lisa must have overheard, amended, "Jennie does. On a guy in her creative writing class."

"Really?" Lisa seemed amused, "I thought you were done with boys Jen?"

"Well," Jennie said, staring daggers at Chaeyoung whilst she silently sent a plea for her to play along. "I spent a long time trying to deny it, but when you really like someone there's nothing you can do to avoid it. Eventually, you'll end up confessing how you feel. It's only a matter of time."

Chaeyoung focused very hard on keeping the blush in her cheeks under control.

"What's his name?" Lisa asked, only sounding half interested.

"I have no idea," Jennie said, breezily, "there's just something about the way he splits his infinitives though. It gives me shivers."

"And here I was thinking you might be harbouring a crush on me, what with all that special attention you were paying me back there," Lisa said, her grin spreading wide enough to show her canine teeth.