His American Wife (Spain) (Part 4)

It was done.

She was now the wife of Spain's personification, Antonio Fernandes-Carriedo, a man she did not love in the slightest.

Their wedding night had been a difficult one to say the least, and that was not counting the fact that America was to have sex with her new husband, an act she was very hesitant to act upon. What was worse though was that she felt she was betraying them by doing this act with a man she did not love.

Not to mention it was hard for her to imagine that Spain was them. His touch was too different, too hard, too calloused, too hesitant, and that had always been enough to tell America that the man she was having sex with was not them.

She was thankful when it was over and she woke up the next day alone in that bed, but not when it came to her thoughts.

She felt like the worst piece of shit in the world, that she was performing intercourse with someone that wasn't them, and never would be them.

But it was done. They had consummated their marriage, and there was no going back now. Spain was her husband now, which made him the stepfather to most of her children, and America was going to have to spend the rest of her life with him unless something happened like with Hungary and Austria.

But that was where the similarities with Hungary and Austria's marriage ended. It didn't matter how long this marriage went, for America would never love Spain, not like the two older nations have with each other, probably before they were even married. America had already promised herself to two men already, and nothing was going to change that, not even this arranged marriage.

Perhaps Spain could try, but America was adamant that nothing would change between them.

And they hadn't. Even months after their marriage, they continued to treat each other formally and at a distance. The fact that they were husband and wife meant nothing to them, at least that was how America saw it, but she much preferred it that way than any.

She didn't trust Spain, and she doubted that she ever would after all these centuries.

Again, while Spain was never directly cruel to her, that didn't mean he wasn't guilty. Like many nations centuries before, he believed that women were the weaker gender and therefore had to be controlled, something she experienced firsthand when she became her own nation. Since then, she knew she couldn't trust him with her identity or the fact that she had children with him, especially after she learned about his favoritism with Romano.

Even now America shudders as she thought of what could've happened if Spain knew the truth.

Still, that did not change the fact that they are husband and wife now, and that they may be expected to act like it at times. America went into this for her people and country, while Spain with his, and she'll be damned before she doesn't even attempt to make this work out.

She did not agree to marry him for nothing after all, and she was going to make this work, even if only for a little while.

~~~

America sighed for what she hoped was the last time today. The meeting, while being successful, had been a little stressful, and she had wanted to get out of there as quickly as possible. The meeting had been about the conditions of Spain as a result of the marriage, and so far things were going great; the economy had recovered better thanks to the trade, therefore the riots were diminishing greatly, allowing everyone to breathe easy.

Some people had even moved to the U.S. and vise versa, opening up jobs and even helping to create more bilingual or multilingual people everyone, which pleased America greatly. Her education systems did need to go up in various things, and now she can cross foreign language off the list.