Chapter 2 - People are never where you expect them to be

© Sandra Corton 2014

Chapter 2 – People are never where you expect them to be

“You need to tell me who that girl was.” Isaac demanded but his sister just let out a snort of disbelieving laughter.

“Which one? You sure kissed a lot today. That’s okay though cause you sure got our dance club a whole lot of moolah.” Hayley grinned and rubbed her hands together.

“The dorky one with the stupid, massive cardigan and huge glasses.” Isaac replied as he steered the car into their driveway.

Hayley felt her mouth pop open in shock at his description. Could he possibly mean Kayla? No surely, he meant someone else. Then she recalled the look on her brother’s face when Kayla ran off. He had appeared extremely disappointed and just a bit peeved. Hayley had just put it down to her friend’s inexperience with kissing, but maybe she had it all wrong.

A smile lit her face in reminder of shy Kayla taking on her brother, the well-known player. Her friends had been shocked when Kayla actually went through with kissing him instead of bolting in the opposite direction. They had been trying to get there dance teammate to come out of her shell for such a long time. Hayley was proud to have instigated the move now.

“Awesome description there, it must have been love at first sight.” Hayley said dryly, trying to hide her evident excitement. She was immensely surprised when Isaac sighed and looked a little dreamy as he turned off the engine.

“Not quite but it was one hell of a kiss.” He told her and Hayley froze in her seat.

Doubts assailed her; there was no way he could be talking about Kayla now. She didn’t really seem like the ‘hell of a kiss’ type of girl. She was too nice and sweet to have made her brother moon over a single kiss.

“So out of all those twittering morons today, how many did you ever want to kiss again?” Hayley tentatively dipped her toes into her brother’s love life, which she had never done before.

“The only one worth remembering was her. So what’s her name?” Isaac asked as they got out of the car. He didn’t like the mischievous look in his sister’s eyes as she scrambled from the car.

“That’s for me to know and you to figure out.” Hayley said sweetly.

She rushed to the front door and got it open as quickly as she could before racing for her room. She heard Isaac cursing from behind her but she didn’t dare let him catch her. Once she locked herself in her room with Isaac hammering on the door, she let out a flurry of giggles.

He finally gave up but not before threatening some bodily harm. She just laughed thinking about her brother’s predicament. It was about time he went searching for someone that gave his life meaning. Even Hayley knew how well known he was to most of the girls at school. They always swooned over him so much that it was sickening to watch.

She had heard all the rumours about how much of a player her brother was. How he broke hearts as quickly as he got a new girl. Hayley had even had to endure the tears of a few of his ex-girlfriends, when they turned up sobbing outside her front door.