Chapter One : Everyday life

And right at that moment, the clamorous sound of small hands on massive wood comes to my ear. I'm still wondering if I should make the effort to get up and postpone the door to my bedroom or pretend I'm still asleep, completely drained from my yesterday's work.

-"Sister. Sister! I know you are awake, get up! He's been at our door for a while, waiting. "

 - "I'll come soon. Tell him to go ahead. I'll get him at the gate. "

It's a fight every morning. And I lose him every time. Slowly, I sit up and look around. Directly in front of me against the wall is my small table, which shows my defeat in the Jeong play. Further to the left, the scrolls are piled up in their filing warehouse, my wardrobe is on the right. I hope that nothing happened to my uniform yesterday. I could never explain that logically, never. Then the door, still locked. Then my chest made of simple wood. Everything as always.
Only now do I turn my blanket over, forcing myself to get up and look out the window to my left. Smoke is rising from the metal pipe of our neighbor. When I arrive at my closet I pick out my uniform and inspect it again. Slowly I change my clothes, move to the door and push it open. The corridor to my right leads to the bathroom, where I look at myself in the mirror. Single strands have broken loose from my plaited braid overnight and make me look even wilder than usual.Tired, I open the braid and comb the long hair with the brush. I take the front hair back and hold it in a long, thin ponytail behind. Only then do I take care of the rest. Straight on, when I leave the bathroom, I pass the room of my sister, to the kitchen and living room. I find her nowhere, she must have already be gone to work.- "Did not we want to get out of bed again?"

- "What are you interested in, Kindo? You only have to stand guard here and you will not be shooed every few seconds. "

- "That was hard my love. After all, I wait for you every morning to let you in. "

Kindo let a sad smile appear on his face. Since I started working as a maid for the local imperial family, he was the first person I could start a friendly relationship with. Hurrying, but with one last sweet smile, I passed Kindo in the great courtyard of the palace. There Ifollowed the staircase that leads to the actual massive entrance gate towards the back of the courtyard. There all the maids had to appear every morning before the chief servant Shugung. How such a bull has come to such an inappropriate job is still a mystery to me. As soon as I get close to the staff entrance, he looks at me annoyed and makes his check mark on his stupid list.

- "Five minutes late. Want to set a world record for being late, Miss Kinzo? "

At first I wondered if I should answer him at all. He looks at me as well as just a simple girl, that only by chance can work in such a place as the imperial palace. I really despise him for that.

- "You would be the first to know."

Oh, he semms to not like that statement. His eyebrows narrowed suddenly. But I could not keep track of his facial theater because I already heard my name being called by someone. As soon as I left Shugung behind me and thus into a long corridor, I can already see my master walking towards me. Slightly bent forward and hands in the desired position, with one hand covering the other and the bottom of the arms parallel to the floor, I greet him in the proper style for royalty.
- "Good day, Kouen-sama."

 - "Did you just arrive?"

The tone of voice can not mean anything good. That's the 'someone-has-me-today-already-annoyed-so-get-in' -tone case. That might be the third time this week already.

 "Forgive me for my delay, Your Highness. That will not happen again."

- "Follow me, before sunfall you will certainly not be able to go home."What?! Again this long? Why does this man still have to study books until next morning? Then I'm allowed to take the rolls away again, make sure that he eats something, then his arm has to be massaged again because it fell asleep. Why have not I been assigned to someone else? However, as always, I do what he tells me to do anyway.

That is after all my luck in life.

-------------------------------------------------------------

Hey, there. This is my first time here so I will for now just give this little preview of my story to read. Maybe I will continue with it. But for now have fun reading!