My Story

There was once a girl who really wanted a barrel horse, instead she got a head strong 5 yr old who had no manners and was a real hard horse to work with. She was 11 at that time. Her dad lunged the horse called lightning and the horse tried it all to get her off, she hung on for dear life. She heard of all these stories of the girls "falling in love with their horses at first sight" but shhe had no conection with this horse, how could she? All he did was spook over something or rear for no reason. Well, " I should give him a new name" the girl thought. Lightning didn't rolloff the tongue very well. She finally decided on the name Ace, short for Legacy. Ace was finally too much for the girl and her dad, they took him to a trainer and her dad asked him if he could work with Ace. In a month the girl went also into training with the trainer and Ace and her started to understand each other. After awhile they took Ace home but winter was here and they didnt  have an indoor arena so she put him away for the long cold winter. Once the dreadful white stuff was finally gone she hopped on Ace and worked with him every chance she could, she used to ride him once a week now there was only one day in aweek she didn't ride  him, she was now 13 and Ace was 7. They went to gymkhanas and so far their fastest time is 18.4 seconds! The girls name is Chenise, she's me. Ace and I still work with each other everyday andusually go to a gymkhana once aweek, we are still learning, but out love for one another keeps growing.