Chapter 5

Therapist
Stiles

Stiles pov
I took a deep breath and clicked on the video.

"You know when you're drowning you don't actually inhail until right before you black out. It's called voluntary apnea. So no matter how much you're frealing out, the instinct to not let any water in is so strong that you won't open your mouth until you feel like your head's exploding. Then when you finally do let it in, that's when it stops hurting. It's not scary anymore, it's. . . actually kind of peaceful.

"How about we get back to you?"

"I'm fine. Yeah, aside from the not sleeping. The jumpyness, constant, overwhelming, crushing fear that something terrible is about to happen."

"It's called Hypervigilace, the... persistent feeling of being under threat."

"It's not just a feeling though... it's... it's like it's a panic attack. Feel like I can't even breath."

"Like you're drowning."

"Yeah."

"If you're drowning... and you're trting to keep your mouth clised until that very... last... moment, what if you choose to not open your mouth? To not let the water in?"

"You do anyways, it's a reflex."

"But, if you hold off until that reflex kicks in, you have more time right? More time to be rescued."

"More time to be in agonizing pain. Did you forget about the part where it feels like your head's exploding?"

"If it's about survival, isn't a little agony worth it?"

"Yeah, what if it just get's worss. What if it's agony now and then... then it's just Hell later on?"

The audio ended and I waited for someone to say something. I blink and the next thing I know, I am in a group hug. I start crying and we all brong out the best alcohol and snacks and we watch movies for the rest of the night.

When I woke up, everyone was still asleep and I left to go get food.

When I came back, I screamed at everyone to wake up and they all groaned. They got up and got their share of food and drinks. I sat down in Lucifer's lap and leaned into his chest. I saw Linda looking at us with longing and I smiled at her.

I know who to set her up with.

Chloe jumped up and said that they had a lead on the Argents. We all quickly got up and drove to the station.

We all got the paoer work with few comments on our smell of alcohol. We read the paper and sped to the warehouse that they were suposedly inside of.

We got there and snuck around the building. We barged in and aimed our guns in front of us.

I heard a noise and I turned around to only get knocked out.

When I woke up, I was on the floor while everyone else was chained up.

They all started yelling and that's when the door opened and Kate Argent stood there, she stepped aside and the pack flew inside and crashed to the ground. "Mom!" Isaac, Erica, Boyd, Jackson, and Liam shouted. My new family looked confused and shocked as the other pack members, exept for Peter, looked at me with distain.

"Pups!" I shouted. I ran over to them only to get shoved back by Kate. She sneared at me and I stood up. "Well, it's the boy who runs with the wolves. Or should I say 'ran'." She sneered.

I growled lowly at her and she clicked her tongue. "Whatch it Stilinski, I have the uperhand." She whispered.

"What do you want?" I asked. "I want you to suffer. Just like you made my family. You took Allison away from us!" She screamed. I flinched back and held back tears as I heard Lucifer struggling against his chains.

The door opened again and I stopped breathing.

"Gerard." I whispered.