Apperearances One-Shot

Even if now Virgil Black was a star, someone famous, who will be remembered in history. When he was younger, Virgil was a punk/goth with a really big crush on one of the theater kids.

The kid Virgil was crushing on was Desmond. He was a big fan of musicals. And would always audition for the plays the school would present. Always getting an important role.

Everyday after school, Virgil would drag Patton, his best friend, to the theatre, just in time to catch Desmond and his two friends, Roman and Remy, coming out of their rehearsal.

"If you like him so much, tell him" Patton smiled at Virgil, holding onto his arm, being pulled by the taller kid while he wore skates.

"I can't just, go and tell him" Virgil shook his head "I'll just get really anxious and mess up."

"So then...not telling?"

"No"

Both punks reached the theater right on time. Patton let go of Virgil's arm and sat down on the stone stairs that led up to the theater.

Desmond walked behind Roman and Remy, re-reading his script, trying to memorize his lines.

"Oh, look" Remy pointed at Virgil at the bottom of the stairs "Your biggest fan is here"

"Please tell me Hot Topic isn't here" Roman covered his eyes dramatically

"Hello to you to, Princey" Virgil greeted Roman

Desmond laughed at Roman's offended noises.

"Hello, Virgil" Desmond smiled looking at Virgil

"Hey"

It wasn't a secret that Virgil liked Desmond. Patton, Roman, Remy, and even Desmond himself knew.

And secretly, Desmond liked Virgil as well. Ever since he met the punk, there was an instant connection in between them. This chemistry that they had, it was one of the most amazing things to happen to him.

"Any plans for today?" Virgil asked "Patton and me are going to go skating, wanted to ask if you, and Princey, and even Mr. Sleep if you would like to come."

Desmond smiles, going out with Virgil? Even if their friends were there. It was a great idea.

"Sorry, Gurl" Remy said "We have to practice, and we're going to be busy."

"Oh" Virgil's smile disappeared "Alright, then. Just, wanted to ask"

Soon after that, Virgil and Patton left.

"This kid is going to be the death of you, Dee" Roman used his hands to cover his face "That punk may be good looking, but he's just gonna drag you down."

"He's probably not going anywhere in life" Remy commented

Desmond sighed, every time he talked or even got close to Virgil, his friend would always pull him away, he knew they didn't approve of him.

From Virgil's baggy clothes, to his makeup and posture. Virgil was just not good enough for Desmond. And the faster he got that ingrained into his brain, the faster he could continue with his life.

A couple of weeks later, Virgil returned to the theater. The show having premiered that night. He and Patton decided to stay behind while everyone else left; they wanted to be able to congratulate Roman, Desmond and Remy on their great work.

They walked to the exit, and waited...and waited...and waited.

"Do you think we should go?" Patton asked after about half an hour of waiting.