Chapter 12

Bucky walked up to Hazel and placed a hand on her shoulder. Madame HYDRA tried to take a step forward but stopped when she saw the magic surrounding Hazel's fingertips.

"It's time to come home, Hazel. It's time to come back to the base."

"I'm not coming back. I'm not gonna bow down to you anymore. Don't even try mother. You will fail," Hazel said.

"Ophelia just go. Don't drag Hazel into what is probably between you and me," Bucky said.

"Awe Bucky. You still have a thing for me. That's sweet but I'm only here for Hazel. Come on Hazel. Let's go home," Ophelia said.

"I am home. Home is where the heart is. My heart is with my dad and soulmate," Hazel said.

"That sweet but your soulmate is at base 13. Come on sweetie. Let's go home. Now Hazel. Let's go home. NOW," Ophelia yelled.

Bucky stepped forward and pushed Hazel behind him so he was shielding her. Stephen had the cloak of levitation go and rest on Hazel's shoulders in case she needed a getaway.

"Back off Ophelia. What was it you said when Hazel was born? That's it. 'I just want her to be happy as she grows up.' Well, where were you? Her first steps? First words? First nightmare? First tooth? So don't come in now saying Hazel is your daughter when you haven't even been there for her," Bucky yelled.

"Dad, do you trust me? No questions asked," Hazel asked.

"No questions asked. Always have trusted you and always will."

"Good. Then know I love you."

Hazel had Levi go back to Stephen and walked up to Ophelia. Ophelia smiled as Hazel walked to her and stood beside her.

"I guess we know who she picked. You can't take a daughter away from her mother. Now Hazel open us a portal to base 13?"

"Yes, mother."

Hazel used her sling rings to open a portal to the Dark Dimension. Ophelia didn't see that until she walked through the portal and Hazel had started to close the portal. As the portal was closing Ophelia had enough time to get her hand through as the portal fully closed and cut off her hand.

"Cool it's Madame HYDRA's hand. Can I have it," Tony asked.

"Tony no," Hazel said.

"Tony yes," Tony said.

"Tony no," Bucky said.

"Tony maybe," Tony said.

"Tony no," Steve sighed.

"Tony no," Tony said.

Everyone on the roof went inside and sat on the couch to watch a movie. When everybody sat down Stephen pulled Hazel into his lap and wrapped his arms around her waist. Tony put on Paranormal Activity so he could curl into Steve. Sadly Hazel had never seen a scary movie before so when the first scary part came on she screamed and hid her face in Stephen's neck.

"Scared," Stephen whispered.

"Very. HYDRA never let us watch movies," Hazel whispered back.

At the next scary part, Hazel stood up and went to her room. She sat on the on her bed and thought of a song to sing. When it came to mind she started to snap her fingers to create a beat.

Da-da-da-da-da-da
Da-da-da-da-da-da
Da-da-da-da-da-da da-da
Da-da-da-da-da-da
Da-da-da-da-da-da
Da-da-da-da-da-da da

Grew up in a small town
And when the snow would fall down
I'd just stare out my window
Dreamin' of what could be
And if I end up happy
I would pray
Trying hard to reach out
But when I tried to speak out
Felt like no one could hear me
Wanted to belong here
But something felt so wrong here
So I'd pray
I could break away