Chapter 13

On the way to Majesty Records Hazel was trying to calm her nerves. When she reached Majesty Records, she got out of her car and walked inside.

"How can I help you," a lady at the front desk asked.

"I'm Hazel Barnes---"

"Ah yes. Follow me and I'll take you to Mr.Worth."

Hazel followed the lady to a room and walked in. She sat at the table and looked at the man across from her. Reginald Worth. Chairman of Majesty Records. Yeah, she did her research. Sue her.

"I can see why you have a powerful voice, Hazel. In both young and older woman and men have powerful voices."

"Thank you."

"Here's the deal. You want to do covers that's fine but once in a while you do need to have your own song."

"Okay, I can do that. But if I take the deal I can't do tours around the world. Keep the tours in New York City."

"I can do that but I need to know why."

"When I was a little girl I was taken and my dad had left me. About three maybe four days ago I escaped and found my dad. He explained that he was trying to find me but every lead he got was a dead end. I've moved in with him but I don't want to go on tour yet knowing he could still get hurt."

"Hurt from what?"

"The person who took me threatened to kill my dad. If I go on tour and my dad gets hurt I would blame myself because I wasn't there to protect him."

"Okay. Tours stay in New York City. If you sign the contract on the line then you are stating that you are going to record songs with Majesty Records."

Hazel looked over the contract and signed on the line. She and Reginald stood up and shook hands.

"Next Monday you will come in and record from 10 am to 12 pm. After that day you will record from 9 am to 12 pm. Call in if you are sick."

"I will. What will happen if I were to ever have a child?"

"Easy. You will perform up until your fifth month check up when you know the gender of your child. After that performance, you will go on maternity leave for one year. No matter how long you've been with Majesty Records. Did I answer all your questions?"

"Yes, you did. I'll be here tomorrow."

"See you then."

Hazel walked out of the building and to her car. She had just grabbed her key when someone put a bag over her head, grabbed her and threw her into a van.

(3 hours later)

When Hazel came to she was laying in an ally with pain in her left arm. She felt her pockets and found her phone but no keys. The keys must be under her car. Hazel scrolled through her contacts until she came to her dad's number. Right away he picked up.

Detective Gale?

It's me Dad. I'm in an alley.

(In the background "Stark it's Hazel! Track her phone!")

Hazel, I need you to stay awake.

Dad my car is at Majesty Records. You're about a block maybe two away. Go get it and come pick me up when Uncle Tony finds my location. My arm hurts.

Which arm baby? Which arm hurts?

My left arm. Daddy make the pain stop.

Okay. I found your car and Tony told me where you are. I'm on my way baby. Just stay on the line with me.

Dad, I'm so tired. I want to fall asleep.

Hold on Hazel. Just stay awake. I'm 10 minutes away.

Daddy hurry. My arm. It hurts. Please, Daddy, make the pain stop.

5 more minutes Hazel. Keep talking. I saw you look at Stephen this morning. What happened?

I um I had a nightmare. Stephen came in to wake me up and he stayed with me. In the morning he was still there.

Hazel, I'm here. Okay, how far down the alley are you?

Um, I see clotheslines and windows and a fire escape. I see a fire escape. And footsteps I hear footsteps.

The call ended and Hazel sighed. Now Bucky couldn't find her. Just as Hazel was going to give up she saw Bucky running into her sight. She sighed in relief as Bucky gathered her in her arms.

"Dad. You came," Hazel sighed.

Bucky took her to the car and placed her in the passenger seat so she was facing him.

"I will always come, Hazel. You are my baby. Do you think you can take off your jacket or do I have to do it," Bucky asked.

"You may have to do it. I don't want to move my left arm too much."

Bucky took off her jacket and the sight nearly brought him to tears. Hazel's left arm was gone and in its place a metal arm with red star matching Bucky's.

"It was bound to happen," Hazel mumbled.

The pain was starting to be too much for her and all she wanted to do was fall asleep. Bucky fixed her seat so she was laying down. Right as Bucky got into the driver's seat and drove off. When they got to the tower Hazel was still asleep so Bucky decided to carry her in. He took her to her room and placed her on the bed. As he was pulling the covers over her Sam walked into the room seeing Bucky with a sad and dark face.

"What happened? Is Hazel okay," Sam asked.

"They took her arm. They fucking took her from a public place then had the decency to take her arm and replace it with a metal one. Sorry, Sam but I'm breaking that promise I made to you when we got together. I'm going after HYDRA," Bucky said.

Bucky walked off and Sam went after him. Neither of them noticed that Hazel had woken up. In the living room, Sam grabbed Bucky's flesh arm and turned him around.

"Buck think about what you are going to do. Think about Hazel. She needs you around. Not going after HYDRA. Here with her. Holding her and comforting her. Buck think about Hazel! Think about yourself!"

Hazel walked into the room stood in the shadows. Her jacket was off so her new metal arm was on display for everyone to see. Bucky closed his eyes, took a deep breath, and when he opened them they were blue. Winter is in control.