Chapter 2

"Phillippe! Imperius! We must celebrate!" Etienne and Isabeau ran over to them as they talked in the corner of the cathedral. Philippe had been telling Imperius about everything that had happened with the Bishop. Phillippe had agreed to stay with Imperius for a while until they could figure out the best way for him to control the curse.

"Celebrate?" Phillippe asked "How shall we celebrate? Shall we invite the whole kingdom? This event is too momentous to even comprehend how much we shall celebrate!" he grinned as Isabeau ruffled his hair.

Imperius looked away saddened. Phillippe was putting up such a good show. If he had never broken Etienne and Isabeau's trust neither they nor Phillippe would have to be cursed. Only Phillippe would have to deal with this the rest of his life with no hope of being cured and he was only a boy.

"Let us keep it a small party, little mouse," Etienne said smiling.

"Alright." Phillippe smiled "Where shall we go to celebrate? In fact, what do you plan on doing now that you are free?"

Isabeau and Etienne looked at each other "We hadn't really thought about that..."

"I really enjoyed us traveling." She said "Now that we don't have to worry about the Bishop, let's just be wanderers. Live off the land."

"Alright!" He smiled. "Let's be wanderers! Would you both like to join us?"

Phillippe looked to Imperius. Phillippe really would like to go with them, but he knew Imperius would have to come along to help him. Imperius gave him a small nod. After what he had done to him he would try to do everything in his power to make him comfortable.

"We would love to go!" Phillippe grinned. "Where shall we go first?"

~time skip~

The group had left Aquila and traveled for a few hours until it started to get close tonight. "Let us make camp here for tonight," Etienne suggested.

"Yes." Imperius nodded.

Etienne and Phillippe started to set up camp while Imperius and Isabeau made dinner. After they had eaten Phillippe looked to the sky and saw the sun was just about to go down. "I should go to bed. Lord knows I need my beauty sleep." The others laughed but Imperius took this as his cue to go.

"I shall go to bed as well." He said. The two went into their tent and waited for the inevitable.

~time skip~

Imperius peeked out the door of their tent. "Good. The others have gone to bed already." He looked to Phillippe who was nervously playing with the hem of his shirt. "Are you ready?"

He smiled weakly "As ready as I'll ever be..." suddenly his eyes widened. He quickly put his hand in his mouth to keep himself from screaming. Imperius could only watch helplessly as he started to transform. Once he was finished, Phillippe stood in front of him as a small albino deer.

Imperius knelt in front of him. He gently put his hand out to the dear and it nuzzled his hand. "I am so sorry Phillippe. But I promise I will help you through this."

~time skip~

Imperius opened the door of the tent and let Phillippe run around. He seemed to enjoy himself enough, prancing through the woods. He looked like a little kid who had just had a bag full of candies. Only instead he was a deer.

Imperius slept for a few hours and woke right before sunrise. When he got up he went and found Phillippe. He brought him back to his tent and got his clothes ready. As soon as the sun rose Phillippe changed back. Imperius quickly helped him throw a tunic on. "Are you ok?" he asked when he was finished.

Phillippe looked at his hands "That is... defiantly going to take some getting used to... It feels like... like there is a second spirit living inside of me, and when night fell it took over, but then when the sun rose, I took it back. It's a very strange feeling sharing a body."

"How was it when you transformed?" he asked.

Phillippe grimaced "Very painful. Did Etienne and Isabeau feel like that every time they changed? I don't know how they could stand it. It felt like my bones and muscles were folding in on each other..."

Imperius put a hand on his shoulder "I'm so sorry that you have to go through all of this. It's all my fault..."

"It's ok." He smiled "I don't blame you. I would rather be the one going through this than Etienne and Isabeau."

Imperius smiled "You have a big heart Philippe..." It is a shame they can never know though, he thought. 

(A/N - Hey guys! :) Thanks for reading!!!)