Say 'Will You Marry Me' Part 1

Elide's PoV

Elide Lochan made her way down the narrow halls of Perranth Hospital to the waiting room, silently rehearsing the name she had been assigned. She'd worked as a nurse for years and had treated many different patients, but none had stricken her as much as-

"Lorcan Salvaterre?" She called, turning her head to meet the gaze of a black-haired man sitting near the corner, arms crossed. His hair ran down his neck in long, straight strands, his eyes sparked a deep brown, annoyance and something unknown to her glazed over them. A fitted t-shirt and a loose pair of jeans hugged his body. She met his gaze and found herself taking a step back. His gaze was intense, but Elide found herself unable to look away from the man. She swallowed uncertainly as he and another man, who looked much kinder, made their way towards her, "this way gentleman, we'll be in room 289."

They followed her down the hall and into the room, where she instructed Lorcan to take a seat on the hospital bed, which he did with an annoyed grunt. She pulled out an old clipboard and pressed her pen to the paper, "so what seems to be the problem-"

"Nothing," Lorcan interrupted, rolling his eyes which caused the other man to give a stern glare before he turned his gaze to Elide.

"Sorry about him, he's a bit of an asshole. My name is Fenrys, it's nice to meet you." He said, granting her a small smile which she gladly returned.

"Oh, it's fine, I'm Elide by the way. It's nice to meet you as well. What brings you to Perranth Hospital today?"

"Nothing, this is stupid-"

"Will you be quiet and cooperate please? You're driving me crazy."

"I am cooperating Pup. You're the one who-"

"I told you not to call me that!" Fenrys hissed angrily, turning his apologetic gaze back to a patient Elide, "he's been coughing up blood for several weeks now and running a high fever." Elide wrote everything down and nodded slowly, showing she was still listening.

"Any diarrhea or problems urinating?" She asked.

"No," Lorcan grunted in reply.

"Have you been feeling tired or sleepy when you had gotten an appropriate amount of sleep the previous night?"

"Yes, he has seemed extremely sluggish today," Fenrys cut in to which Elide cast him a gentle glance.

"Any nausea or stomach problems?"

"No," Fenrys replied once more.

"Alright, headaches?"

"Yes, definitely."

"Um, sir, can you let Lorcan here answer these questions, just so I can get the full story." She smiled and looked back over at Lorcan who smirked up at Fenrys.

"Ya, let me talk Pup." His voice was teasing and the other male turned to glare at him again, but said nothing.

"Yes, of course. I'm sorry," Fenrys answered, smiling softly at Elide.

"Thank you. How long have you felt this way, Lorcan?"

"A few-" Lorcan started, but was again cut off.

"A couple months actually," Fenrys pointed out, seeming oblivious to their previous conversation. Elide moved on,

"Any mood changes?"

"Yes, he has been way more irritable and angry than usual." Again the shorter male was the one answering the questions. Elide sighed inwardly, but moved down her row of questions.