Chapter Three- Lincoln Acors

I follow the man down the street, not being able to avoid bumping into people as I try to keep him in my sights. He leads me to a less crowded street then yet another less crowded street. Soon I find myself in an alleyway where I come face to face with the man who called to me.

"Fate, I have something to show you." He says in a strong firm voice. I stand firm as he draws a longsword from his cloak. I might not be able to die, but I can sure as hell feel pain and it's not a pleasant experience. Luckily I was top in my class for fighting despite some people being alive for 2 or 3 lifetimes more than me. "This sword," He continues as he examines it, "was smelted with a unique mix of iron and beer."

I stare at him confused. "I'm sorry did you just say iron and beer?" Now I know this guy is a crackpot.

"Yes that's what I said now don't interrupt." He scolds me as if I have not been alive for 279 years. "This weapon has the ability to kill a Fate, for good."

I can't even compute what this guy is saying. Nothing can kill a Fate.

"Have you ever wondered why beer was banned from a Fate. Not because they can get a little more drunk than the rest of us. No. It's lethal to a Fate. There are people in this world that think the Fates have too much power. Know too much. I think they are right." He says the last five words with anger in his voice as he thrusts the sword out to try to stab me through the heart.

My training and battle reflexes kick in as I jump back and draw a small dagger from a sheath on my leg. I roll toward him flinging the dagger straight for him. With reflexes I've only seen from my trainer, he dodges to the right, missing being hit by the dagger by millimeters.

My eyes widen at the reflexes this man has. He lunges at me with the sword causing me to duck down but realize too late that he faked the lunge and he kicks my stomach so I go flying into the alley wall. I get up with a groan. Master Nickson told me not to make too much trouble. This man is beyond trouble. Pulling a small bomb from my cloak that I stole from our armory, I throw it at the ground releasing a cloud of smoke, before I jump up, roll past the man and disappear back onto the busy road.