One Text Away

PLOT: Max and Griffin are online friends, they haven't met face to face yet but they are really close to each other, they are both young teenagers almost adults. This is how I think it would go if they met online.

----

Griffin POV
When I'm finish eating dinner I wash my plate in the kitchen, when I go to dry my hands I hear my dad yell at my little brother for some reason, I step in quickly, I walk into the front room and get in front of my little brother.

I can take a hit if I have to, I look at Aslan and I realize he's missing some crayons "father, he's just a kid, he wants to color that's it, he didn't mean to lose his crayons" I explain and my father rolls his eyes and takes a swig of his beer "keep him in his place, understood brat?" He asks and I nod quickly "of course sir" I say and he leaves the room.

Jennifer must have let him drink to much again, she's a good person and he's way to hard to handle, not a good combo, I sigh and kneel down and hug Aslan, he hugs back crying on my shoulder, he's crying not knowing what he did wrong.

He tries to be good, I know he does but it always seems to be out of his control, even when he's good Our father gets angry, I'm going to try and make him feel better "how about you come watch TV in my room?" I ask and he looks up at me sniffling, he smiles and nods quickly "mhm!" He smiles brightly.

I pick him up and take him to my room happily, I open the door and walk in, I set him on the carpet and he grabs the TV remote and puts on his favorite show. I go and shut the door so that the noise from the TV doesn't bother my father. I sigh and go and sit on the bed, I grab my phone and text my best friend, I haven't got the chance too talk to him all day.

Me- hey sorry I haven't talked all day, I've been rolling with the motions...

Max ♥- your dad picking on your brother again?

Me- ...yeah

Max ♥- what about this time?

Me- losing crayons.. He pretty much said that Aslan chose to lose them. My father just had one to many to drink again today..

Max ♥- he needs to calm down, he's yelling at a four year old who is just wanting to color.

Me- mhm... It's stressing me out since I'm leaving for school soon, I don't want to leave Aslan with my father when he acts like this.. Please distract me Max.. I need a distraction..

Max ♥- let's just talk about something different then Grif.

Me- yeah agreed, what do you wanna talk about?..

Max ♥- you, so besides being busy, how did your day go?

Me- it was okay, about you Maxy?

Max ♥- it was awful!

Me- how so?

Max ♥- I didn't get to talk to my Griffen all day! Jessica was over for school work and got mad that I kept checking my phone, she said some things about it that made me think...

I blush reading the text, he is so goofy sometimes, I sigh smiling happy "Griffin! Look at this!" Aslan yells smiling happily, he points to the tv and I look at it "cool!" I say chuckling, he smiles and goes back to watching TV, he's a good little kid.

I look back at my phone and smile, I wish I could hang out with Max everyday.. He understands me.. More then anyone else does, I wonder if he'd be willing to come over, we could meet up and actually see each other! If course we have face timed a few times but that's different then actually meeting up!

I take a deep breath, I'm acting to childish.. I need to clear my head and relax about this, he's my friend, actually he's my best friend and I'm acting like a school girl who has a crush.. I can't have a crush on him..

What if I d o? What would I even say to him?? That I love him... He knows I care about him.. He's most likely straight... I sigh and text him back, I think I am stressing way to much about this.

Me- you're a goof ball, and what did she say?

Max ♥- some stupid stuff, don't worry about it! So have you checked DownStage's (made up band) message board yet!?

Me- what? No not yet! What did it say??

Max ♥- New song in eight days!

Me- whoa! Can't wait!

I'm so excited! I've been keeping up with that band since their first song, I can't believe I forgot to check the message board!! I laugh and Aslan looks at me confused and concerned "oh sorry, I didn't mean to interrupt your show" I say and he shakes his head and gets on the bed and sits next to me, he must be curious of what I'm doing, he's really smart for his age.

Max POV
I smile reading his text, I know Jessica was right.. I am in love with him, I have been friends with him for years now, he's the only person who I can open up with, he makes me feel important and alive, I wish I could tell him how much he means to me.

Me- so do you have a girlfriend yet? Or are you still a heart breaker? 💔

Grif 💘😍😘 - hah! Me? a girlfriend!!? Of course not, I'm not a good ladies man, plus I have one person in my sights so none of the others matter! Wait still? What did you mean by that??

Me - really? And nothing, that was a mistype.

I almost got caught there for a second.. Man close call, again, I'm surprised he hasn't figured out how I feel yet.. I sigh and roll over on my side on my bed as I start at my phone. don't want to know who is the important person in his sights but I want to know.. well more like.. need to know..

Grif💘😍😘 - okay and no! it's a secret!

Me - not fair!

Grif💘😍😘 - it's completely fair

When I read his text I can just imagine his smug face.. So cute... I can't do this.. I need to tell him.. I take a deep breath and type out the message quickly.

Me: then you should know I'm in love with you and I have been since we first got to know each other. Well good night Griffin!

I send the text quickly then chuckle and turn it off, I did it... I'll find out what he says about it in the morning... I cover up in my blanket and go to sleep.. I'm excited but scared for tomorrow's gifts ...

I just hope I don't lose my best friend tomorrow.

Griffin POV
I read the text and blush dark red.. I hope he's telling the truth.. I stare for a good five minutes at the text then I respond to him.

Me- good night!

Me- and... I love you too ya goof ball

I giggle after sending it, well.. When he reads it he will know how I feel about him..I go and sit on the floor watching TV with Aslan.

I just hope I don't lose my best friend tomorrow.

----

Hey! I hope you enjoyed this oneshot! Please leave a like and comment, till next chapter! Bye!

-----