chapter fourteen

I LOVE YOU, GOODBYE
______________

I LOVE YOU, GOODBYE______________

______________

I WAS IN MY BEDROOM AT THE COMPOUND, PACKING MY CLOTHES. Yesterday, Finn had shown up at the safe house and Elijah had blown it up to prevent his brother from finding the babies.

"You're not getting cold feet, are you?" I heard Klaus ask

I continued to pack my bag, "Elijah said they're on the road. So, I'm going to go to them and get my son and daughter"

He shook his head, "Thalia, it's not—"

"Don't tell me it isn't safe" I cut him off, "I'll tell you what's not safe— blowing up a house just to keep your evil brother from finding them!"

"We will deal with Finn," Klaus told me

"And then what?" I asked, "Every time you kill him, he's just going to jump into another body"

"We tried running. We tried hiding. Neither will work"

"So what's your bright idea?" I asked

Klaus sighed, "As it happens, I am working on a plan as we speak. One which will be bolstered greatly if you just calm down and keep your eye on the prize"

"Don't manage me" I told him, "I have every right to—"

Klaus placed his hands on my shoulders, "Calm down. . . We're getting married today. I'm doing this not only for our children but because I love you" I felt my lips curve into a smile as he continued, "You will be the queen to an army, seal the loyalty of all the wolves that answer to Finn"

He took the bag from my hands and set it on the bed, "And a queen does not run away, especially not from her king" I raised a brow, letting out a chuckle.

HAYLEY HAD FINALLY GOTTEN TO THE COMPOUND. We were searching for an appropriate dress that I could wear to my wedding but found nothing.

"See this wouldn't happen if you bothered to, oh, I don't know, buy a wedding dress or clothes in colors that aren't as dark as your soul" Hayley said before she laughed.

I glared at her, "It's not like I had the time to go shopping"

"Alright, bad news first" Rebekah spoke as she appeared in the doorway, "I will have to miss your nuptials. Kol has a bit of a life-and-death matter he needs help dealing with"