chapter fifteen

THEY ALL ASKED FOR YOU
______________

THEY ALL ASKED FOR YOU______________

______________

JACKSON AND I WERE UPSTAIRS WAITING FOR KLAUS. He had told us to meet him in the upstairs living room.

"What does Klaus want?" Jack asked

"I have no idea" I answered

"It's time to use our werewolf army" Klaus entered the room, "Finn and the woman who calls herself my sister are in this city. The wolves can help us pinpoint their location"

This woman that he was talking about was a witch who had helped Rebekah escape the asylum she was in. Apparently, there was this whole back story about Klaus' older sister named Freya who was taken by her aunt and her siblings believed that she died of plague yet this which said that her name was Freya. If she really was Freya, wouldn't that mean that Dahlia was here too?

"No, we need all hands on deck here with the kids," Jackson told him, "I think you can compel humans to track your enemies"

Klaus didn't like that reply. He looked at me, "Do my ears deceive me? Or did he just give me an order? In my own home?"

"This ain't about your ego, Klaus!" Jackson said, raising his voice, "It's about what's best for those kids"

"How dare you question my intentions for my children?!" Klaus yelled

I sighed and got up from my seat, "If we could just take the toxic masculinity in this room down a notch, that'd be great" I looked my brother, speaking calmly, "Jack, Klaus is right. Finn's body disappeared from the morgue, which means that he's either powerful enough to heal from that explosion or Freya's powerful enough to save him. Either way, we're not finding them unless we send our best people out there"

"I'm sure you and all your merry men will find them post haste" Klaus sent a taunting smile.

Jackson got up, he stopped in front Klaus, "Just to be clear, I'm doing this because Thalia is asking"  Klaus was about to respond but Jack cut him off before he could say anything, "Don't think for one second that I take orders from you"

"No. But you take orders from me" I butted in, "Now go, get a group of our best and find Finn"

I watched Jackson leave and when he finally exited the room, I turned to Klaus who looked at me with an innocent look, "It wouldn't kill you to try to work with him"

I HAD JUST GONE THROUGH THE STRUGGLE OF PUTTING BOTH CRYING TWINS TO SLEEP BY MYSELF FOR THE FIRST TIME. I closed the door to the nursery and heard a knock on my bedroom door.