BODY DOUBLE; PART I

T H E  B O Y  &   T H E  S E R P A N TJUGHEAD & ROSARIO❝ One half of me is yours, the other half yoursMine own, I would say; but if mine, then yours,And so all yours

JUGHEAD & ROSARIO
❝ One half of me is yours, the other half yours
Mine own, I would say; but if mine, then yours,
And so all yours. ❞

☺ ☹ ☺

Rosario woke to the tapping of a window, and a muffled voice that hinted urgency.  "Rosario"—tap, tap, tap—"Rose."  Rosario huffed, hurrying himself further within the raven-colored duvet blankets; a fatal attempt to block out the sound.  Rosario could make out a faint scoff, before a series of taps followed.  "Rose," Jughead pressed, tapping the glass faster and faster, "do you want me to freeze out here?"

Rosario stiffened with realization.  His bedroom is on the second floor... and the tapping is from the window... "Bloody idiot!" Rosario exclaimed as he leapt from the cover, whirling to face Jughead, whom hung from the windowsill—the molded, wooden ladder he stood on just barely holding his weight.  Rosario stormed forward and tore the window open, welcoming the brisk air with a narrower stare.  Rosario grasped Jughead by the forearms, half dragging the other into the bedroom.

"What in Elton's name were you doing, Jughead?" he demanded, arms folded as he stood stiffly—the throbbing in his eye increasing dramatically as his head begun to pound.  "That ladder is nearly a decade old!  It could have broke—"

Jughead stood, a smile plastered on his face as he rubbed at his clothing—only achieving to further spread the dirt.  "Good," he said after a moments silence.  "Maybe it'll quicken your pace, next time."

Rosario barked a laugh, but it quickly drew into a painful groan as his eye stung with protest.  "Shit," he murdered.  "Don't make me laugh."  At the wince of pain, Jughead's stars snapped forward, his stare widening in horror at the marking Reggie Mantle had left on his face. 

"Dude," Jughead said breathlessly, his hand hovering over the wound in uncertainty.  He hadn't truly seen the wounds left on Rosario's face—not after their principle and a few teachers, selected at random, had torn he and Mantle apart.  Jughead had done his best to follow, however, Archie held the other back—warning he'd only cause trouble for himself.

Rosario smiled faintly, uncertain how else to respond to someone caring for him.  Sure, Harmonie and Veronica did care for Rosario to a certain degree, but their caring lead to hysterical shouting and, sometimes, they too would hit Rosario—calling him names he'd never dare repeat to another.  "You should see the other guy," Rosario said, despite the confidence in his words he spoke in undertone, almost fearful of Jughead's reaction toward the joke.  Jughead smiled faintly, but his stare was contradicting toward the smile he wore. 

"You..." Jughead hesitated, his hand slowly finding contact to the others skin.  Rosario winced when their skin made contact, and Jughead quickly made to retreat, but Rosario reacted quickly—grasping the others hand to keep from pulling away.