four.

me and nako stayed for about an hour and sakura has shared so many stories about fairies. and ofcourse, me being me, i was so thrilled with everything i see, hear and touch in their land. everything is so magical! i mean, we do magic too but with spells and curses so. . . we're more on the darker side.

i learned so many false accusations too about the lake and fairies. the lake, as what nako said, can sense good and bad intentions. everyone can actually go to fairyland if they want, you just have to have a good intention. those with bad ones are not welcome. the turning to gold myth is true. sakura was very happy she met another non-fairy friend. can you believe that they're just waiting for kinds to come? but everyone who walked through the lake had bad intentions or can't even go near the lake because of fear. basically, nako was the first and me being the second one to pass.

it would have been a great oppurtunity if i brought doyoung here. he loves to explore and discover new things. but i can't. and i doubt i will ever.

me and nako went back to our land before sunset. hyunsuk recently started to check on me every night because of the warewolf incident. and i hate it.

can't he see that i already did what he want me to do? i know i cannot bring back the trust he once had in me but atleast let me live!

we sneaked pass through the main hall successfully. what can you say? i'm an expert at sneaking.

"nako, jihae," shit, i spoke too soon. i had my eyes wide open and turned around.

i didn't know my eyes could go even wider but it did. it was my father aka our leader and he's with hyunsuk. great.

"where have you two been?" father asked. i softly hit nako's side, telling her to answer.

i saw her gulp before she spoke, "i wanted to see the lake and jihae trailed behind me. don't worry, sir. we didn't and won't do stupid things." she smiled.

i tried to mirror her smile but mine came off as awkward which made hyunsuk to be suspicious but i just shrugged him off.

my father just nodded his head, acknowledging nako's answer. you see, my father here trusts us very much. especially nako, since she's brainy. if he were to adopt a witch it would be nako and hitomi.

"by the way, jihae-" i looked at father and hummed. "i know this is very sudden but you need to come with me, hyunsuk and the others to the vampire's tomorrow night." he said in a monotone.

there's so much surprises today!

"w-what?! why are we going there?"

"it's been long since all the kinds had a small gathering, and you know it's tradition." the word gathering made me scoff. gathering my ass. every gathering, something mad happens. i mean- i never went to one but i heard so many stories.

"but why am i going? is nako going too? hitomi?" i asked.

"they changed it this time, leaders, alphas, kings, whatever they call it have to bring successors-"

"hyunsuk's your successor not me." both my father and brother glared at me which made me mumble a 'sorry'.

"but you're also my daughter jihae. i'm bringing you whether you like it or not. as for nako and hitomi, i can't bring them." i looked at nako and sulked. "you have hyunsuk as company, my dear. don't worry." father patted my head before leaving.

"yeah, you have me, sis." hyunsuk cooed which made me wanna smack tf outta him.

great! a gathering full of old people and then there's me, stuck with a pain in the ass of a brother. could this get any worse?

-

as jihae was cursing at every thing she saw right now, there's a warewolf who is excited about the gathering.

"yedam hyung! aren't you excited?" doyoung shook his brother's arms as he daydreams about the vampire kingdom.

doyoung has always been the explorer type. he likes to discover new things, see new sights, meet new kinds. it was one core reason as to how he met jihae under the gossiping trees.

"honestly," yedam began, wriggling his arms away from the younger's grip. "no. you can't be excited about that event. it's a disaster." he answered, reminiscing about his last gathering made him cringe.

"why?"

"it's called a gathering, but you don't actually mingle with other kinds. they show off, who's strongest, who's wittiest, to sum it all up, who's superior."

doyoung let out an exaggerated "oh." as an answer and nodded to signal yedam to continue.

"i don't know how it happened but before we know it, everyone is shouting and fighting. luckily, the fairies and witches were there." the younger was left shocked as he heard her kind. he didn't know fairies and witches join such barbaric gatherings.

will she go? doyoung asked himself.

"now, are you still excited?" yedam raised a brow.

the younger grinned and exclaimed. "heck, yeah, i am!"