Chapter 37

Melody's PoV

The next morning I open my eyes to floating feathers. Confused I sit up holding the duvet to my chest as I glance around the room. My eyes widening as I take in the damaged room, remembering when Edward broke the head board.

I giggle to myself as I shake the duvet a little, letting more feathers fly around the room. Smiling I slowly get out of bed, grabbing a robe that was left on a nearby chair. I carefully wrap it around my body, wincing slightly at an unknown pain.

Shaking it off I walk into the bathroom and stare into the mirror, thinking back to last night, brushing my hand over my lips. When I feel someone behind me, causing me to open eyes.

I smile when I see Edward standing behind me, but it turns into a frown when I notice the serious look on his face.

"Melody, you're hurt," he states.

I blink a little, "what?"

He sighs pulling up the sleeve of my robe to show me a bruise, which was forming on my arm.

I pull down the robe and turn to him.

Edward shakes his head, "No, Melody. Look."

He then pulls down my robe covering my shoulder, revealing a dark bruise. I stare at it with wide eyes.

"Melody, I can't tell you how sorry I am," he states, the sadness evident in his tone.

I shake my head, covering the bruise with my robe again, following Edward back into the bedroom.

"I'm not. Really, I'm not. I'm fine," I say.

He shakes his head, "Don't...don't say you're fine. Just don't."

I scoff, "No, you don't. Don't ruin this."

Edward throws his hands up into the air, "I've already ruined it."

I sigh deeply, "Why can't you see how perfectly happy I am. Or was five seconds ago. I mean, I'm sort of pissed off actually."

Edward glances up at me, "Well, you should be angry with me."

I sigh taking a seat next to him, "Edward, we both knew this would be tricky. But there was a reason I trusted you and that's because I love you."

He stays silent.

I look out at the sea, smiling, "I think we did amazing. I mean it was amazing for me."

He smiles slightly, "That's what you're worried about? That I didn't enjoy myself?"

I shrug, turning to him, "I know it's not the same for you, but for a human I can't imagine it gets any better."

Edward smiles widely, "Last night was the best night of my existence."

I place my head onto his shoulder, "it was wasn't it."

I pull back and place a kiss on his lips before Edward pulls back.

I sigh annoyed, "You're not gonna touch me again, are you?"

He frowns, reaching up to stroke my cheek.

This time I pull back, "You know that's not what I mean."

Edward's hand drops as he squeezes my hand tightly before standing up.

"Let me make you breakfast," he says before walking away from me completely.

Sighing I just lay down on the bed and stare at the ceiling.

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

I walk into the kitchen and sit up at the breakfast table, grabbing a fork and digging into a fried omelet that Edward made.

"So what are we doing today?" I ask before taking a huge mouthful of food, forgetting about our disagreement earlier.

He smiles, "we're gonna go for a hike around the island. I have a few places I'd like to show you."

"Oh really," I respond raising my eyebrows, chuckling.

He rolls his eyes, "we're leaving in 10 minutes, so you best eat quickly."

"Alright, will you grab me a backpack and fill it up with a few snacks and bottles of water, please," I say smiling.

He nods, speeding away, while I finish off my food. Once I'm done I place my plate into the sink, and take a seat on a nearby sofa. I finish putting on my hiking boots, which for some reason had been supplied to me by Edward no doubt.

Standing up I see Edward walk over to me. He helps me put on my backpack, even though I tell him I can do it myself, he still insists.

"Let's go," I mutter, grabbing his hand, walking out of the house.

He laughs, dragging me down the beach, into the thick tree line. We travel for a couple hours before stopping by a beautiful waterfall, next to a pretty meadow.

I take a seat in the meadow, sipping my water, as Edward joins me.

"Enjoying yourself?" He asks.

I blush a little, "it's so magical out here."

He smiles, "I thought you might like it."

I kiss him on the cheek, before resting my head on his shoulder, admiring the scenery around us.

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

The sun begins to set when Edward speeds us back to the house, I go to the bathroom and take a needed shower, removing the awful sweat from the hike.

I get out and braid my hair, getting dressed into some kind on lingerie, which wasn't to revealing as it covered most of my body. It was like I was wearing a swimming costume.

I grab a light weighted robe and wrapped it around myself, before joining Edward in the living room.

He made me dinner, which I ate as he set up a movie screen outside. Once I finished I quickly washed up and walked out to him. I grab a movie and hand it to him, he puts it in.

We then climb into a hammock, where I cuddle up to him. He wraps a blanket over us and we watch the movie.

It didn't take long before I passed out next to Edward in a peaceful sleep.