Chapter 3- The Kiss

Keefes POV

This was it. Fitzfe was official, the end of tonight would mark the beginning of their journey. I love Sophie but since I never had the courage to tell her she got away but she would have never liked me anyway. I walked up to Sophie and congratulated her through my sorrow. She thanked me and gave me a hug when Fitz walked in.

“What’s going on.” Fitz demanded.The outburst caught the crowds attention and all eyes were on Fitz.”Stay away from my girl”

“He was just congratulating us” Sophie said in her attempt to calm Fitz down

I don’t think he heard her. He just ran forward and pushed me. I fell off the cliff, immediately I grabbed on to the side of the mountain holding on by my fingers. I pulled myself up. When I heard Sophie’s voice

“Look what you have done.” she said through her tears “Keefe is dead. We. Are. Over.”

I heard her run away I listened as her footsteps became less and less audible. Fitzfe over? I couldn’t believe my ears. I was determined to climb up this mountain if it took me all night.  By the time I reached the top the name was sky was dark illuminated only by the moon. Which was full tonight. Nobody was still up there.

I began to search for Sophie. I had to let her know that I was alive. I saw her sitting underneath the panaka tree sobbing.

I walked over to her and said “I thought I might find you here.”

“You are alive” she exclaimed in disbelief

She hugged me and I was caught off guard but I hugged her back and we just stood there for a minute in complete silence. Nether of us daring to say a word. When we finally stopped we both sat down and sat there in silence until Sophie broke the silence.

“Thank you”

“For what” I asked completely confused

“Everything,”was her response “thank you for everything.”

After that we continued to sit there in silence admiring the stars. I would have never normally done this but something about the mood convinced me to do it. I leaned in for a kiss, kissed her and she kissed me back.

The next day me and Sophie walked hand in hand to class and after clearing up the confusion about my death we quickly became a thing. I noticed Sophie avoiding Fitz but honestly I had been avoiding him too. We used to be best freinds and now, well I’m not sure what we are but it’s definitely not freinds.