Chapter 4- Its Too Late

Sophie's POV

The next day me and Keefe walked hand in hand to class and after clearing up the confusion about his death we quickly became a thing. I noticed Keefe avoiding Fitz but honestly I had been avoiding him too. I get it they used to be best freinds and now, well I’m not sure what they are but it’s definitely not freinds. I feel partly responsible that they aren’t. I know that avoiding him is not the most mature thing to do, but hey I’m a teenager.

We had devised a plan to get Tam back but everything went wrong. So we all ended up in a fight against the neverseen in their home base. Biana was vanishing and reappearing right in front of neverseen members and throughing well aimed punches. While me, Dex, and Keefe were throughing anything we pulled out of our hidden pockets. Lihn was blasting water in their face. When out of nowhere a member of the neverseen through some gadget at me. Keefe pushed me out of the way and was hit instead. He fell to the floor blood spilling everywere.

Tears immediately spilled from my eyes. It way as if a had two waterfalls pouring down my cheeks. I begged him not to die on me.

“Remember you are the moonlark . I’m just Keefe, plain Keefe Sencen. Whether I die or live doesn’t matter.” He said

“It does to me” I said trying to bear the unbearable pain of losing him for the second time this week.

He continued “I just want you to remember I love you Sophie.”

Then I saw his body go limp. “I love you too.” I rose up with new found determination to destroy the neverseen. I was going to avenge Keefe’s.

Because because of the Neverseen,

Me and Keefe were too late.