Reunion

For the better part of a year Caeli had been searching for Katherine Marlowe, for any sign of the occult organisation she ran... and now as she stood outside of the French chateau she knew exactly why Marlowe had surfaced only now.

For who stood a mere few meters from her was none other than Nathan Drake.

"Drake's ring..." Caeli whispered to herself, seeing the silver piece of jewellery hanging from a string of leather around his neck. "The decryption device." She added, seeing a piece of the gold trinket sticking out of one of Drake's pockets. She hid in the shadows, a talent of hers, as Drake followed the correct path along some stone tiles to open the next door.

He had already taken out a multitude of Marlowe's henchmen to get to this point, a fairly impressive feat with how well Marlowe's men were trained. Caeli continued following Drake and Victor Sullivan until they all reached the next puzzle, she could only smirk as he struggled to figure out what had to be done.

"Have you bothered looking at the floor?" Caeli asked, leaning against one of the walls, her foot propping her leg up underneath her.

"Who the hell?" Sullivan asked, the both of them turning to face her, Drake's eyes widened as he realised who she was.

"Holy shit..." Nathan trailed off as she pushed off of the wall and walked towards them.

"It's been a few years, I see you're still up to your usual antics. Getting hunted by bad people while searching for treasure, risking your life for barely any reward." Caeli stated.

"Caeli Porter?" Nathan asked as if double checking.

"Um, the one and the only," Caeli replied, her hands out by her sides.

"You look a little different..." Nate trailed off, pointing to his hair as she touched her own. The last time they had seen each other her hair had gone down to her waist, now it was cropped short on the sides, a little lengthier on the top. It was still strange for there to be any at all after eleven years of having it shaved off.

"Yeah, that's a short chapter in a long story. One that involves Talbot and Marlowe." Caeli stated as she moved around to each stone carving on the wall and memorised the tile markings that would help unlock the next doorway.

"We have time," Sully stated, which made Caeli laugh as she walked to the contraption that would move tiles around to the correct places.

"I'm fairly sure 'time' is the one thing you don't have right now," Caeli stated as each tile moved into place and the small opening shuddered underneath the tile puzzle. "Besides, next room is open." She shrugged her shoulders, running towards the small opening and sliding into it. "Which dead body are you looking for exactly?" She asked next as Nathan and Sully came through, Nathan pointed to the fanciest looking coffin in the room.

"That one," Caeli smirked, pushing open the top of it and looking inside. Next to the skeleton seemed to be what was a piece of an amulet, she picked it up, turning it over gingerly in her hands before throwing it to Nathan.

"Looking for that?" Nathan caught it, looking at both sides carefully.

"The other half must be in Syria..." Nathan stated, "We have to get to Chloe and Cutter before Marlowe does." He added.

"Look, we do have to get to them fast kid but we have to get out of here first." Sully stated, then looking Caeli over, "and from what I can see she doesn't even have a gun."

"Did I ever need one? Honestly?" Caeli asked.

"We're dealing with an army here, you realise that right?" Sully asked next.