'till death do you part

If she was truly honest, Caeli wasn't entirely sure as to why she and Sam were even in Vegas anymore. The lead they had actually had no useful information for them, and yet here they were, still in the casino they had met the lead in, watching as people gambled their money away.

"Why don't we go?" Caeli asked Sam. "That guy was useless, we need to move on." She stated, he looked like he was actually thinking about it for a moment.

"Or, we could stay..." He trailed off, running his hands down her bare arms before holding her hands. "Have some fun." He added, a small smile on his face.

"We have a treasure to find." Caeli reminded him, Sam nodded before he looked around the room.

"The treasure isn't going anywhere, Caels. We are in our twenties, in Vegas... and you don't want to have fun?" He asked her, she rolled her eyes.

"Gambling isn't my definition of fun." She responded, raising an eyebrow at him. "Why are you so keen on this?" She asked him next, aware that they were still holding hands.

"Because I don't want to miss out on anything, a night a Vegas should be spent making regrettable decisions and gambling and drinking and spur of the moment marriages and... everything I haven't had a chance to do yet. That neither of us has had the chance to do yet." He told her, she sighed and looked to the ground before meeting his eyes again.

"No gambling." She stated, he smiled.

"No gambling it is." He responded, seeming excited about the night ahead. "Drinking though?"

"Of course drinking, what else are we supposed to do?" She replied, walking them both to the exit of the casino. They went from bar to bar that night, drinking what they could and ending up in front of a building that they stared at for far too long.

"We shouldn't..." Caeli trailed off, staring at the chapel. She wasn't sure as to how they had gotten there, a good portion of the night was condensed into a blur, her fingers numb with the amount of alcohol in her system.

"We've been together for how long now?" Sam asked her, an arm around her shoulders as she shook from the cold. In her small dress without a jacket, she was feeling the dropping temperatures. Sam was in a suit, he had given her his jacket about an hour ago, but it only did so much when her legs were still open to the elements.

"Two and a half years, thanks for remembering." She responded he chose to ignore the snide comment at the end of her sentence.

"People have gotten married with less than that. Hell, people get married in Vegas after one night." Sam replied, seeming adamant on this happening.

"Yeah but people forget that Vegas marriages are actually legally binding," Caeli replied, sobering up with every minute that was passing.

"But we haven't forgotten that," Sam responded, turning to look at her with his hands on her shoulders. "You love me right?" He asked and she furrowed her eyebrows.

"At the moment I'm not entirely sure." She replied which triggered Sam to roll his eyes.

"I love you, and you love me. What else do you need to get married?" He asked her, she shook her head.

"Marriage is an outdated ceremony that was used to pass ownership of a daughter to a new male. Why would I want to partake in anything like that?" She asked him, he had a shocked look on his face.

"I'm not going to own you..." he trailed off, his words beginning to slur. "... if anything, you'd own my ass." He added. "Anyway, people get married now as a declaration of love for each other. So, Caeli Porter..." he used her body to hold his weight as he got down onto one knee.