Chapter Eleven

~Gabriel Pov~

**Saturday**

-Flashback-

"Zayn,"

I was let in the house by his mother as she told me that Zayn's in his room. I took off my converse at the door then made my way up the stairs to his room. "Zayn." I called his name again but get no response.

'That boy sometimes.' I thought to myself with an eyeroll. I made my way up the top of the stairs and headed down the hall towards his bedroom when i hear bass from  his stereo booming through his closed bedroom door. 'No wonder. He have the stereo up too loud.'

I got my hand on the door knob about to turn when i heard a melodic voice blending so perfect with the song that's now playing on his stereo.

Quietly, i cracked the door to his bedroom and peeked in to hear no one but Zayn's voice singing ever so perfectly. His back turned to me and he was facing his computer screen, so i assume he was recording himself singing. And i have to say he sound so freaking good I could help with a growing smile on my face as i stood by the door and listened.

[Listen to this while reading]

Mmmm .. Mmmmm .. Yeah .. Mmmmm .. Yeah, Yeah, Yeah
Mmmm .. Yeah .. Mmmm .. Yeah, Yeah

Baby i just don't get it
Do you enjoy being hurt?
I know you smelled the perfume, and the make-up on his shirt
You don't believe his stories 
You know that they're all lies
Bad as you are, you stick around and i just don't know why

If i was ya man (baby you)
Never worry bout (what i do)
I'd be coming home (back to you)
Every night, doin' you right
You're the type of woman (deserves good things)
Fistful of diamonds (hand full of rings)
Baby you're a star (I just want to show you, you are)

You should let me love you
Let me be the one to give you everything you want and need
Baby good love and protection 
Make me your selection
Show you the way love supposed to be 
Baby, you should let me love you, love you, love you

Your true love's description looks so good that it hurts
You're a dime plus ninety-nine and its a shame
Don't even know what you're worth
Everywhere you go they stop and stare 
Cause you're bad and it shows
From your head to your toes, Out of control, baby you know

If i was your man (baby you)
Never worry bout (what i do)
I'd be coming home (back to you)
Every night doin' you right 

"Wow," I walked into the room only to have him swivel around in his chair, then turned off the stereo.

"What- i didn't hear you come in. How long were you standing there?" He chuckled.

"For quite awhile." I giggled.

He bit his lip. "You were listening weren't you?"

I nodded as I sat on his made bed. "Yeah, i did."

He facepalmed himself, groaning throwing his head back. "Ugh, oh my god."

I laughed. "Stop it, i like it. You sound really good. I didn't know that you could sing, jerk." I threw a pillow at him, he caught it along with a chuckle.

"Yeah, i've been singing for quite some time."

"Really? When?"

"Since i was six. I love to sing, its my -- you know, thing." He smiled.

"So what you're trying to say?"

"I think i want to pursue a career in singing. I was thinking right after we graduate from high school, maybe try out in X Factor."

"Are you serious about this?" I asked.

"Yeah, this is what i really want to do. If that doesn't work out-"

"Because of Simon's evil ass," I said causing us both to laugh. "Well to me he's evil."

"But this is what i want to do, Gabby, its in my blood."

He, Luke, and I would gather in Zayn's living room and watch X Fatcor. And this caught me by surprise that my best friend wants to try out for the show, i mean right after high school. He's quite serious about it and i have no choice but support his decision. And be there by his side.

"Zayn, if this is what you want to do -- then go for it. Don't let anyone or anything stand in the way of that; me, Luke, your mum, -- anybody. Its what you want to do and we do nothing but respect your decision." I said.

A smile etched his face. "You know i love you, right?"

I felt heat rush to my cheeks. "You do?"

"Yes, i do. I couldn't ask for a better friend but you."

I bit my lip to hold back a smile. All of a sudden he got up from his chair and turned on the stereo, Mario 'Let Me Love You' playing. He walked over to me and held out his hand. "Dance with me?"

"No." I scoffed.

"Please, may i have this dance?" He asked with sparkle in his eye and that gorgeous smile i adore.

"Sure," I smiled taking his hand.

Soon we both in the middle of his room; i took his hand while the other  on his shoulder. His hand in mine while his other arm placed on my waist. And slowed dance to the song.

"I suck at dancing." I chuckled.

He laughed. "Well, we both suck at it."

I giggled into his shoulder, while we danced. Then i hear him sing a long to the song playing. I just love his voice, he's such an amazing singer.

"Gabby,"

I pulled away to look up at him. "Yeah,"

His mouth opened then it closed. I was staring into his hazel orbs as he was staring into my own. I didn't realize how close we were until he broke the short silence between us. "Gabby," He says my name again, this time it was almost in a whisper.

"Yeah," 

Suddenly his eyes slowly trailed down to my lips. My heart started beating rapidly, i couldn't barely breathe. His gripped tighten a little around my waist so that we're closer. 

Before things could go any further, i rested my head on his shoulder with my still rapidly beating heart. And that's when i knew i was in love  with my best friend.

-Flashback Ended-

I could still remember that day like it was yesterday. Something would have changed right then and there if i hadn't turned away. Or would it ? He probably wouldn't have kissed me .. right? Or would he? I shook away the thought. Thats crazy, i was his best friend nothing would have gone that far. And besides, he probably wouldn't have felt the same way -- the way i felt about him.

I put my hair in a messy bun when all of a sudden my phone vibrated on my dresser. I picked it up to see i have a text from Luke that he want me to come over to his flat and he's picking me up. I sent back a reply that i'll be ready and went to get changed.

***

~Zayn Pov~

"Zayn, theres this party everyone's going to tonight," Liam say tossing a ball in the air and catches it, repeating his actions. "Are you going? Harry, Louis, and Niall said they're going."

I just took a shower and came out the steamy bathroom holding a towel around my waist, as i walked in my closet picking out something to wear. "Yeah, i guess. Pierre text me last night that she's going and wanted me to go, so yeah. Who's having the party anyways?"

"Josh. "

"Yeah? Wasn't he like staying in Florida with his dad?"

"Yeah, now he's staying up here. Its suppose to be a welcome back party he's throwing." 

Then thats when one of Pierre's friends, Jade, came to mind. She and Josh use to have an on and off relationship, when he was leaving to Florida with his father; they called their relationship. I don't think she knows he's back into town, but i wonder how things will turn when she do.

"I'm sure Jade going to be happy." I chuckled, blowing drying my hair out in the mirror.

I heard Liam laughed. "Yeah. They're probably gonna have make up sex right after." He said with a wink.

"Oh yeah." I chuckled. After i dried out my hair, I took whatever i was going to wear and went into the bathroom to change. Then minutes later came out going back to the mirror putting my hair  in its usual quiff.

"Whats up with you and 'mirrors'?" Liam asked in a irritated tone.

I gave him a glare. "Don't hate, Payne. You and i both know i want to look good."

He rolled his eyes, setting the ball he was playing with on my desk. "Since you're coming to party tonight, i just have to warn you."

I furrowed my eyebrows and looked at him through the mirror. "Warn me about what?"

"Don't drink too much tonight. The lads and myself know how you are when you get wasted."

"Really?"

"Yes, really. We all know a complete different person you are when you're drunk. So don't drink too much." Liam say in stern.

"Yeah, sure." I answered finished styling my hair in a quiff and walking away from my mirror.

"Seriously Zayn," This time he was serious.

"Okay, dad. I swear i won't drink too much." I said, raising my hands defensively. "Alright?"

He nodded. "Alright." He got up from the chair and went to the door. "Ready to hit the cafe?"

"Yeah, sure let me grab my watch."  I say going to one of my drawers.

"Okay, i'll be downstairs." And he left the room while I searched for my watch.

When i finally found my watch i so happen to find a picture, i picked it up to see it was a picture of me, Gabriel and Luke. It was taken at a state fair, we were in middle school at the time. We looked so happy; my arm swung around Gabriel and Luke was on the other side. I have to say we had an amazing friendship, once we got into high school everything changed -- I changed. I've turned my back on them -- For what? Because i want to be better and i feel like a horrible friend. And i am a horrible friend.

But then there's another reason why i've turned my back on them. And when i think about it -- i feel nothing but anger seeping through my veins as i gripped the picture in my palms. And i had to make Gabriel pay for it. 

"Zayn," I heard Liam called from downstairs. "are you ready?"

I put away the picture in its original place and closed the drawer. "Yeah sure, here i come." I called out, as i left my room closing the door behind me.

***
~Gabriel Pov~

My evening spent with Luke, Calum and their new band members was fun. We hung out in Luke's basement watching as Calum and Ashton playing video games.

"Stop shooting me, you suppose to be shooting them." says Ashton, who's playing the video game. His eyebrows furrowed in confusion as his thumbs move wildly across the controller. 

"Well, what the hell dude? Theres so many zombies!" Calum said at the edge of his seat, trying to stay focused. I tried not to laugh at their silliness.

"Well I'm on your side, not theirs." Ashton said his tongue poking out the corner of his mouth.

"They're so crazy." I looked over to see Michael shaking his head at them.

I giggled. "Yeah they are."

"I heard that Michael." Calum say, eyes still focused on the screen. Every few minutes Ashton had to nudge him and tell him to concentrate.

Then Luke came down the basement with five boxes of pizza. "Pizza's here." I got up the couch with Michael following close behind joining Luke's side.

Calum paused the game and walked over to where the pizza is, followed by Ashton.

"You made sure theres no anchovies?" I asked him. Sometimes when he orders pizza i have to constantly remind him make sure there's no anchovies on the pizza and he  would forget anyway.

"Yes," He said. "i made sure there's no anchovies on all of them." He ruffled my hair gently causing me to chuckle.

"We need plates." Ashton said grabbing himself a slice and taking a bite.

"I'll go get it." I said going up the stairs.

"I'm coming as well." I heard Michael.

We walked into Luke's kitchen, i was going through bottom cupboards looking for paper plates while Michael checking the other side of the kitchen. But i couldn't find any.

"Couldn't find any?" Michael asked.

I sighed my hands resting on my hips. "No, wait let me check up here." I've checked the upper cupboards and thats when i found the paper plates as i reached for them i felt a touch on my bare side causing me to flinch.

"Whats that?" 

I turned to see Michael giving me a concerned gaze. "Um, its nothing." I said hoping he wouldn't ask anymore.

"Its a bruise, looks bad. How did you get it?" He asked.

I didn't want to tell him how i really got it, so i came up with a excuse. "I tripped and fell down the stairs, its nothing really."

He stood there for a moment and then nodded. "Are you sure?"

I nodded. "Yeah, i'm sure." I forced a small smile. "Um, lets take these plates downstairs." I say as we both went to join the rest of the boys in the basement.