15. Galvanize

"Are you sure this is a good idea?" I ask Stiles when we walk into the school

"Are you sure this is a good idea?" I ask Stiles when we walk into the school. It's Mischief night and Stiles wants to prank Coach, who's birthday is tomorrow.

"Of course this is a good idea Silver, I always have good ideas. Amazing ideas even." Stiles tells me and leads me towards the locker room. He has a flashlight in one hand and is holding my hand in his other.

I can feel my heartbeat faster, every time we're at school around midnight bad things happen. First time my father almost killed me and Derek before trapping my friends into the school. A few weeks ago we were here to trap Cora and Boyd in the boiler room.

I really don't feel safe here anymore, not at night. But I try to ignore it, Stiles is really excited to do this prank.

He lets go of my hand and dials Scott's number on his phone. I'm about to tell him I can already hear Scott's heartbeat but Stiles already starts talking into his phone.

"Get your ass down here now. We have a job to do."

"Dude, I'm already in bed. And aren't we getting a little old for this?" Scott lies to him.

Ah, I get it. He's planning a prank on Stiles. This'll be fun.

"We do this for Coach." Stiles answers Scott.

"I thought we did this to Coach?"

"Whatever, okay? You know he needs this. He lives for this stuff. He loves it." Stiles says. I roll my eyes, we all know Coach hates pranks. Unless they're played on Greenberg.

"But it's the middle of the night." Scott says, as if that's a good excuse. It's not like they're fighting supernatural creatures almost every months in the middle of the night.

Still puts the flashlight between his teeth and opens a locker. "12:15 actually. Which means it's after midnight and officially Mischief Night/Day, and, by perfectly awesome coincidence, it also happens to be Coach's birthday." Stiles tells him, and I notice Scott walking in the room. He puts his finger on his lips, telling me to stay quiet.

"So if you are not down here in five seconds, I will destroy you. Okay, And I mean five, four, three, two..."

He turns around and sees Scott looking at him with his Alpha eyes. Stiles shrieks and takes a step back, colliding with the lockers.

"One." Scott says with an adorable smile and I can't hide my laugh anymore.

"I hate you. I hate both of you." Stiles says to us.

--

It's early in the morning, and almost no one is at school yet. My dad and Derek are still not back, but I got a text earlier this morning that they were safe.

I sigh and leans against my locker before sliding down, sitting on the ground. A few kids are preparing pranks for Halloween, but I've never actually liked this holiday. I unlock my phone and the first thing that pops up is my gallery. I had been sorting the pictures I took in the beginning of the year out of boredom.