Chapter 5 - An Old Friend

After he heard of what happened he was the first one to console her and even talk to her between classes. That didn't last long however because after the schedules switched, she never saw him again... until today.

_______________________________________________________________________________

As she sat down with her lunch and her notebook she looked around to see who was sitting at the table. She saw some people she recognized from the halls but never talked to them, Rori, and... MUGMAN!? She hasn't seen him in forever and her tail swayed in happiness.

She wanted to say something to him...but couldn't... She thought she might do something to freak him out or he didn't want to talk anymore. He eventually noticed she was there but he was scared doing the same to you so both kept silent. He talked with a few friends but mostly just kept to himself. Sophie didn't talk at all. She had no one to talk to besides herself and the would look weird and confirm to others the she was insane. She started doodling in her sketchbook but then Rori took the notebook from under her.

"Heh. Mind if I see it?" She grinned widely as she flipped through the pages without an answer. The way she flipped through her book was like watching a kid jump around a glass sculpture. This is why she didn't like other people touching her notebook or drawing supplies.

As she finished, she wore a devilish grin and started ripping one of the pages with a very important image on it. Sophie tried to hold back but she couldn't and she shyly but sternly as she tried to grab her book. Rori just kept it away from her and ripped it a bit more. Sophie started tearing up but blinked them away not wanting to show anyone she is weak. She ripped more and chuckled while wearing the same devilish grin. That when she hear it again...

"I see you're having trouble with another. Mind if I step in and take care of her for you?" It's smooth but dark and demonic filled her head. It was the voice again... She tried to push it into the back of her mind but it didn't help the Rori was tearing away at another page. She didn't want it to take control but she didn't want the last piece of her family to get destroyed as well. Her thoughts were interrupted by the sound of old photograph paper being torn. She snapped. She wanted to know why no one noticed or even cared but mostly, she wanted to know why she was being tortured by the world like this.

She gave in and let the demon take over. Her fur changed to a dark grey and her wings turned an inky black as it grew on her like it was a disease. Her eyes were glazed over with a red tint and she let out a low growl. She looked pissed. Mugman finally caught sight of what was going on and made an audible gasp as he saw her as a fallen angel. Everyone looked where she was looking and let out their own variations of showing horror. Sophie was no longer in control and that sweet angel part of her mind was kept in the same cage 'the demon' was kept in.

"W-What the hell!?! Get away from me you freak!" Rori screeched as she was backing away from Sophie as Sophie watched her every move and neared her to retrieve her notebook. Rori threw it at her and she caught it with one hand. The demon wasn't satisfied enough... Sophie then clenched her fist and lifted up her arm aiming her fist towards Rori's face and landed a punch square in her face. She did this repeatedly until someone grabbed her and pulled her off of Rori and dragged her away.

Sophie tried to fight of the one who grabbed her but soon realized it was Mugman. She stopped and looked into his baby blue worried and scared eyes. Tears pricked the corners of his eyes and askes, "A-Are you okay!? What h-happened!?"

Silence... silence was all Sophie could give as her fur and wings turned back to normal as if the disease was cured. Mugman sat her down and tried to get her to speak while a few lunch monitors came to help Rori. Of course, she played the victim and blamed Sophie who was struggling to stand up on her own.

"She attacked me like some wild animal!" she screamed while pointing at her. Sophie's eyes welled up with tears as she realized what she had done. She had unintentionally attacked someone and she was blinded by fear. She quickly grabbed her notebook and ran past Mugs and a small photo fell out as she ran.

Mugman took the photo and looked at it before understanding why Sophie got so upset.

It was a picture of Sophie's family before the disease...

TO BE CONTINUED...