Prologue

Prologue:

He remembered the first time that he had ever saw them, he could have sworn that his heart had stopped. Both of them had been equally beautiful and alluring for him, though for different reasons. Though they were different in many ways, their uniqueness had drawn him in and made him long to want to walk beside them for the rest of his life. On the very first day of school, Jessie Carrington, who had been a mere seven years of age, felt his world come together full force the second that he had laid eyes his two classmates, Layla Holmes and Torrance Patterson.

He remembered feeling as if he had been struck by lightening as he entered class only to find two beautiful girls sitting on the right side of him laughing softly as they colored on a large piece of construction paper.

It had taken him days to recover from the way that he seemed to be drawn to both of them wanting nothing but to join in on the fun they seemed to have whenever they were together, though he distinctively remember running to his father the first time he felt it and asking what it felt like to meet the one.

Though he had only received a short and simple answer from his father who only figured that he had come across his first crush, young Jessie spent the next two weeks following the two girls like a shadow, silently watching from afar.

As he observed them, it was amazingly clear how much the two seemed to differ from the other. Layla, for instance, was a ray of sunshine that would let nothing dam her light as she stood out from the other students with her very animated personality. She was the type of student that called for attention and had all eyes on her as she bounced around the classroom placing a smile on everyone's face. With her dark hair and blue eyes, and need to always put on a show, she was more outspoken than anyone that he had ever met. Jessie, although he hadn't known what it was, loved her for she was the only one that could ever bring a smile to his face.

While Layla was the fun girl that liked to put on a show, Torrance was as elegant as they came. She was reserved and quiet and shied away from just about everything and everyone, and always stayed to herself, except for when it came to Layla, who seemed to be the protector of the two. Torrance, with her milk chocolate skin, small and petite body, pretty brown eyes, and reserved persona brought an edge of protectiveness to Jessie that he had never felt with anyone else. He longed to be the protector that she wanted, the one to shield her from her fears, and the one to push her to go forward.

The day that Justine finally gathered the courage to face them, it had been during recess when all of their classmates seemed to be confided to a game of tag.

Both his girls had been playing under their favorite tree unbothered by the activities of the other children around them. Jessie, who had been waiting for this moment for the longest of time had slowly approached the girls as his heart pounded heavily in his chest.

Layla was the first to notice as he had approached them, and when she did she placed a soft smile on her face as she tilted her head slightly to the side and greeted him.

"Hi Jessie." She said in her small voice as she stood beside a reluctant Torrance and wrapped the other girl's hand in hers.

"Hi," he said back nervously looking in between the two. "Can I play with you two?" he asked awaiting their answer.

He watched as both girls silently turned to look at each other. While Torrance silently shied away, Layla kept her eyes focused on him, while she tightened her hand around Torrance's.

"Sure," Layla beamed brightly as she reached over and grabbed Jessie's hand engulfing it in her own, "you're just in time, we were about to have a wedding. You can be the groom who takes Torrance as his lovely bride." She said just as Torrance pulled away with a fearful look on her face.

"I-I don't' want to be the bride anymore." She said in a fearful tone as she pulled away and looked down at her red dress.

"But you have to marry Jessie Torr, that's the way it goes." Layla said as she pled with her best friend, who in turn only turned a fearful eye to Jessie.

"But-"Torrance said in a small voice,

"It's okay," Jessie said placing a soft smile on his face trying his best to make Torrance comfortable. "How about if I marry both of you instead, that way you don't have to be scared and we can all be together." He said, and as he watched the smiles light the girls faces he had no idea oh how much he meant that statement. With those few words leaving his mouth, a life long relation bound the three of them in a way that no one had expected.

Vote and Comment