Ch. 2

Ch.2

Standing in shock and pure disbelief, Layla quickly reached in her bag to retrieve her phone giving a quick scroll through her messages and missed calls in hopes of seeing that Torrance had made some type of effort in contacting her to let her know that she was back. With not one missed call or text message, Layla found her feet moving in the direction of Torrance before she even knew what she was doing.

"Torrance, what are you doing here?" Layla called out as she came to a stop in front of her best friend. As her eyes took her in wearing a black off the shoulders top and a pair of matching black shorts, Layla could have sworn she did a double take. She had never seen Torrance expose so much skin in her entire life and she wondered what was with the sudden change. Even with her hair; normally Torrance would wear it in some type of updo, but today she had her long black tresses hanging down her back in soft curls, and she was even wearing make-up.

"Damn Torrance, you're looking good." Jason Kas said as he openly stared at her.

As if the small compliment struck a cord in him, Jessie found himself taking off his thin sweater, stepping forward and covering her up.

"Hi guys." Torrance spoke in her very soft-spoken tone, as she looked around in confusion not quite sure on why everyone was looking at her the way they were.

"What hell Torrance?" Layla questioned.

"Would you relax." Torrance stated stepping forward and placing two calming hands on her friend's shoulders. "I was just coming to find you. I wanted to surprise you especially since we didn't think that we'd be spending our first day of senior year together. I practically had to beg my fathers to leave New York early, just to get here on time. I'm sorry I didn't call." She said giving into a small smile. "Surprise?" she said sounding more like a question than anything.

Taking the time to think it over, Layla found that she could never be mad at her girl. She knew that there had to be a reason that she hadn't called.

With a round of laughter falling from her face, Layla stepped forward and threw her arms around her best friend hugging her closely. "I'm going to kill you!" she gushed as she held the other girl close to her.

"I know." Torrance laughed back as she hugged Layla back. "I'm sorry."

When the two broke apart, Jessie couldn't help but to step forward with a patient look on his face. Although he was doing a good job at controlling his urges, ever nerve on his insides was dying to break free. For one thing he really wanted the tiny wary girl that he had come to love in his arms, where he knew she belonged; and he really wanted to take her to a place where no other men would ever eye her the way that Jason and the others were doing at the moment.

Pushing his need to lash out and to rip the other guys eyes from their sockets, he stepped forward with a small smile on his face.

It didn't go unnoticed to him that as he stepped forward an anxious looked quickly flashed in the depths of Torrance deep brown eyes. Not really bothered by the hasty look Jessie continued walking towards her until he finally came to a stop in front of her.

"Welcome home." He said in a rich voice that had Torrance knees buckling beneath her.

"Y-yeah, you too." Torrance said in a low tone, as she placed a small smile on her face, before dropping her eyes to the ground.