part thirty//real life

After her messages with Sebastian, Lucie broke down in tears. She cried and cried and let out all the pain she'd been feeling for weeks.

He was so open about his feelings and how he felt and she realised that she wasn't. Everything bad in her life, she'd seemed to have pretended it wasn't there.

When she'd had her argument with Gabbie she'd pushed everything under the carpet and ignored it. Then once she'd made up they hadn't spoken about it even though she hadn't fully forgiven her. She'd also tried to distract herself with Raphael and forget about Tom.

She was so broken and hurt and couldn't find anything to help. The girl had complained and complained to Gabbie and Rose for weeks so felt that she couldn't talk to them. Her mom was so far away and couldn't help her.

Lucie was alone.

Sebastian's message had so much heart in it but it also made her think of everything. Her heartbreak. Her pain. Her loneliness.

She felt like she had no purpose. Everything in her world was coming crushing down.
The girl had this immense suffocating feeling on her chest.

Lucie lifted her phone to her ear and called Gabbie and Rose, but both went to voice mail.

to gabbie:
lucie: hey gab. i just wanted to say i love you so much. i don't know where'd i be without you. thank you so much for everything you've done for me it truly means the world.

to rose:
lucie: hey rosie. thank you for always bringing a smile to my face. you mean the world to me. thank you so much my love, i wish you nothing but happiness.

Lucie dropped her phone onto the floor and walked into the bathroom. The silver handle turned and clicked shut. As soon as the handle clicked, a storm arose.