★6★ I'm not Polaris...

"Hnn..." Yukine was woken up by a knock on the door. "If Hayakawa blocked the toilet again, I will wipe the floor with his ass..." She groggily left the bed, put on a pair of shorts and went to open the door. She doesn't want to put on the pair of shorts but Kise have been complaining about her walking in her thong so she will have to change this habit of hers.

Opening the door, Yukine was greeted by a crying blonde. She can tell what he was upset about without being asked. 

"Yukine-Senpai..." Kise reminded Yukine of a hurt puppy.

Kise needed the company of another person, it doesn't matter who, he just wanted someone there to catch his tears. As he returned with a shattered heart, he wanted someone to notice his heart that's now in fragments and he remembered Yukine telling him that she will protect him if the world was against him. It took him a lot of courage to come to her apartment in tears.

"..." She pulled him into her apartment and closed the door again. Yukine said nothing and she hugged the blonde. Kise felt no need to hold back. He cried.

"Uhh... Uwaaaaahhhhh!!" 

"Okay, okay..." He found her voice surprisingly soothing to his pain. "You did well coming here."

Yukine knew something like this will happen. She knew her brother was coming back so she passed a note to Airi, telling her to go and pick him up. She just didn't predict Kise would find out exactly on the same day her brother would come back. She guessed he must have followed her and watched their happy reunion. 

"Did you follow Airi?" She asked him. 

"Hn... My heart hurts... It hurts, it hurts... I really like Airicchi... All this time... Ugh..." 

Yukine moved them to the sofa. Kise was lying on the sofa, his head resting against her lap. She doesn't mind his tears making her lap wet because he deserved to cry. 

"I... I thought I can stay like this for a little while longer...! Waahhh... Ahhh..."

From what Yukine can see, Kise was content being close to Airi as a best friend. He knew. He knew where her heart was and he chose not to destroy that. He should have slowly let go of his love for her but he fell further and further until he's the only hurt. 

"Kise, try and calm down, hm?" 

"I feel like a jerk..." Kise cried. 

"It's fine. You didn't do anything wrong. You're only in love, there's nothing wrong with that..." 

"Yukine-senpai..."

"Shh..." 

Kise cried himself to sleep on her lap. He was like a baby that's needed to be soothed to sleep. Yukine sighed; how will she get to her bed without waking him up? Seems like she will have to stay here for now...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Kise was happy to spend his days with Airi. He was happy to be able to spend time with her for a whole day, just the two of them. He knew he shouldn't fall further in love with her but he couldn't help himself; Airi was always by his side in Kaijou... She helped him through thick and thin to lead Kaijou all the way to victory. He can forget about things that made him sad as long as she's there. 

He told himself he will let go of her with a smile once Kasamatsu Yukio returned once again...

Yet... 

He failed. He failed to let go with a smile on his face...