Chapter 5

They woke up hours later to find that the ship was hovering over the moon base "hey Steven are you okay?" Jasper asked with bated breath. "Yea I'm fine" he responded as he helped her up "what happened?" he asked her. "We were in the hangar and they were coming for the ship then there was a bright flash" Jasper looked back at Steven, "I think we fused." Steven was shocked "we fused but why don't we remember any of it?" She walked over to him "fusion can be rough, especially the first time."

The mood was finally calm "okay then Jasper, what do we do now?" she looked around "well we needed a place to ourselves that base is abandoned." She looked at Steven to see if he agreed and he nodded his head in reply "yes." They landed as She went in another direction scanning the base, Steven walked over to the warp pad thinking "the gems might come here looking for me and Jasper? What are they gonna do to Jasper?" He looked over at her drawing his sword and shattered the warp pad "this will keep Jasper safe." While scanning the base Jasper comes across a mural of pink diamond and begins to feel emotional "You didn't deserve this my diamond." Steven held her hand " I know she didn't deserve it too" she smiled at him as they continued to scan the rest of the base. They came up to the commanding tower with a glass view of the earth "Steven I will go check the outside and you wait in here." But he held her hand tight and uttered: "don't go, Jasper, I just wanna have this moment with you."

"Steven you have viewed earth many times, why is it different now?" he looked at her smiling "because now I finally have someone to share it with." She smiled back at him and her gem began to glow again "I don't know what this is Steven but I don't want it to end." Jasper hugged Steven and he was surprised by how sweet she was being toward him. She was so happy as looked down at Steven "he fell asleep..well I can understand it was a tiring day." Jasper laid Steven down "I need to find out more about what this feeling for Steven is, I just want to protect him and keep him smiling." She looked at the research interface but it was smashed in "must have been those darn crystal gems." Jasper sat down and waited but remembered lion " I need him to get here he can help." She rushed down the stairs to the warp pad but stopped immediately as she saw it was shattered. "No this can't be when I and Steven arrived it was fine, I left him alone with it? Did he do this to stop them from coming here? All this for me?"

Jasper couldn't help but smile but shook herself out of it " I mustn't get distracted from the real reason I came here." She went onto the ship and used its communication systems to link to tv "this is the quickest way I can learn about humans." She sat down the whole night watching soapies and romance movies "yes that's how I feel about Steven." He woke up hours later and noticed Jasper laying on his arm seemingly sleeping "hey Jasper are you okay" but before he could ask her again he noticed they were in a bed and she was wearing nothing under the sheets. She woke up and looked at him "you were right Steven sleeping refreshes you" he was shocked "where are we? Are we still on the moon?" Jasper took her finger stopped him speaking "don't worry about it Steven I found the commanders quarters on the base, looks like they had a fascination with how humans slept."

He was about to get up but Jasper dragged him back "what wrong Steven is this not what you wanted?" They looked at each other "No Jasper I want this but I don't wanna rush you into anything you are not comfortable with." She looked down and agreed "okay Steven" Jasper was about to get up but Steven pulled her back into bed "now you aren't just gonna leave me like that?" Jasper smiled and rolled over on top of Steven "no I won't" as they wrestled under the sheets Steven's body grew "what does this mean?" He didn't think about it too much and ended up holding Jasper in his arms "Steven what happened" she looked at him stunned "I grow with my gem." Sirens started to go off in the base "wait what is that" Jasper kissed Steven as she ran ahead to investigate. It was a distress beacon that was only strong enough to barely get to the moon, Jasper opened it and saw it was Amethyst pleading that Jasper brings Steven home.

Jasper was about to say something as she turned back to Steven he stopped her and just hugged her "I have to take you back" she said with teary eyes. He stroked her hair wiping away her tears and drew her closer "I won't let you be all alone." She smiled looking at him "okay Steven but we can go see her." They hopped on the ship not knowing what to expect "Steven do you think we are going to be okay?" she asked worried as he nodded with a smile but even he didn't know what was going to happen. Steven stepped on the ship and Jasper came after carrying Rose's Sword on her back, they had arranged to meet with Amethyst alone and she had accepted. Amethyst saw Steven from a distance and rushed to hug him "Steven I missed you so much, where have you been?" and as Jasper walked closer she readied her whip " I won't let you take Steven away from me." He held her whip "it's not like that Amethyst I went with Jasper she didn't take me?" Amethyst was confused and so were Pearl and Garnet who came out from behind a cloaking shield "WHAT?... Steven, why would you go with her?" Pearl asked confused. " I knew they wouldn't keep their word," Jasper said to Steven "Amethyst you promised me you would be here alone?" she looked away "so that Jasper could get the jump on me again."

" Steven get out of the way this is serious business now" but he looked at them still trying to negotiate "please don't this Garnet, Jasper is good." She brought out her gauntlets "Steven I DON'T CARE" as she jumped with a fist to Jasper. There were loud boom and dust everywhere but as it settled Garnet hadn't hit Jasper, Steven's shield had got there in time "Steven why are you protecting me? You said that they are your family?" He looked back at her "but you're my family too now and I can't let them hurt you, so you just stay back okay." Jasper wanted to fight but for once thought she had to listen to Steven and stepped back "PEARL SHE IS TRYING TO MAKE IT TO THE SHIP!" Amethyst shouted. Steven once again got in the way and slammed Pearl back with his shield " I'm sorry Pearl but I can't let you do that." He knew that in terms of strength he was outmatched and called lion " lion come and help me here."

Lion came and stood next to Steven facing against the gems "wait what even lion is helping him now?" Pearl uttered shocked. "Why Steven Why? Why would you do this? We are family?" he looked at them and could see the disappointment on their faces "she can teach me how to protect everyone better but I also want to protect her." He heard someone running towards him " IM DONE WITH THESE GAMES" Garnet screamed out as she charged at Steven. He wasn't expecting it but Jasper was and pushed him out of the way taking the powerful hit "Jasper you okay? Jasper?" Steven rushed to her but she was barely moving "I'm okay Steven." Her gem had a small crack in it "this is small" Steven kissed her gem and it glowed and healed "thanks Steven" she said as she passed out. He got up readying his sword and shield "Steven get out of the way she needs to be dealt with." But he just looked at them and wiped the tears from his eyes " I'm sorry about this...lion attack" that statement left the Crystal gems shocked as lion charged at them with Steven following behind. Garnet rushed for Jasper again but now Steven got in the way and deflected her back "stop this Garnet I don't want to hurt you." Pearl Charged at Steven while Garnet was trying to stop Lion from eating Amethyst, but Steven determined to stop her "I'm sorry for this pearl." As he summoned a clone of his mother Rose Quartz, Pearl stopped dead in her tracks before she knew it Steven's sword had already pierced her "Steven what are yo..u d..oing?" as she burst and returned to her gem. Garnet and Amethyst suddenly stopped "Steven what have you done?" Garnet asked confused. Steven and lion had Garnet and Amethyst surrounded we won't let her change you, whatever she has done to you." Garnet and Amethyst began to fuse but Steven threw in his sword and it ruined it separating them.

He turned back as lion retrieved his sword and went to pick up Jasper in his arms going back on the ship " I'll see you soon" Garnet tried to jump for the ship but lion roared slamming her back into the ground. Steven sat down on the ground and put Jasper's head on his lap "are you okay Jasper?" She smiled back " I'm fine Steven too bad there is no medical bay here" he kissed her again "what is that to make me heal faster?" Steven nodded yes as he stroked her hair "we will look for a bigger ship later after you rest and that was not only to heal you." They arrived back at the moon base "we are back home" Steven helped Jasper to the bed in the commander's quarters and laid her in it. He was about to leave but she grabbed his hand "really Steven were you going to let me sleep alone?" Steven smiled and got in bed kissing Jasper on the cheek and then spooning. "Try to get some sleep Jasper" she turned to Steven and looked at him " with you here I feel safe enough to try it" as Jasper gave Steven a passionate kiss and closed her eyes embraced by his arms.