Chapter 12

Months had passed since Jasper and Steven had got together with the world seemingly at peace. Steven was now rarely going to the earth but rather was choosing to spend more time on the moon base with Jasper and Blue, who were teaching him more about his gem. Jasper, Amethyst, Blue and her Pearl were all sitting on the floor on the viewing deck looking at Steven trying to do a new move he learned.

"Hey Steven now focus on your gem, look inside and try let go of your physical form," Jasper said encouragingly smiling at Steven. He closed his eyes and focused on his gem as it began to glow slowly glowing but then the sound of a loud alarm stopped him from focusing. "WARNING WARNING PROXIMITY ALERT WARNING WARNING PROXIMITY ALERT!!" Everyone stood up at attention with the gems on patrol immediately rushing to Blue's side "My Diamond they're coming" Blue looked at her gem with an icy glare " I thought we made it clear to them that this is not their territory." Steven looked at Blue and saw the cold look on her face as he turned to Jasper, she was fuming barely holding it together.

Amethyst finally broke the silence "CAN SOMEONE PLEASE EXPLAIN WHAT'S GOING ON... me and Steven are standing here like Statues, can you tell us what's going on?" Jasper looked at Blue and she nodded her head in approval "Steven what I'm about to tell you is something that you probably didn't know but..." she looked at the earth and back at him "why do you think the gems have weapons?" Steven seems a bit caught off guard by the question "aren't they to help you fight stuff on planets if you have problems." Jasper walked over to him and placed her hand on his shoulder "there is a reason why gems serve the Diamonds even if some of us don't want to" she said as she glanced at Blue before turning back to Steven.

The alarm was still blaring loud in the background and Jasper looked at Steven then back to the alarms "I'll explain later but right now we have got to go, it's time to show me all your hard work, Steven." She kissed him on the forehead as her armoured clothing glowed out of her gem and wrapped around her. Everyone started preparing themselves all armoured and ready to go "the gems outside the moonbase had gone covert to avoid being discovered, "my Diamond" One of her gems said.

Everyone went quiet as they silently walked towards the outer doors till a comm transmission came in from one of the gem patrols outside. "My Diamond there is a gem out here ... I think it's-" the line went silent as screams started coming from outside. Steven without hesitation rushed outside onto the moons surface not even bothering with breathing as Jasper had taught him how to not breathe. What he saw shook him to his core an Amethyst gem with others beaten beside it next to a looming figure with a devilish smile. "Oh you must be Steven Quartz" he could feel an intense aura coming from this gem, he looked back and thought that the others must not be seen. Signalling for them to stay back by a couple of hand signs behind his back.

He looked back at the gem which had a scar over its right eye, standing as tall as Jasper with a tail wrapped around one of the Amethyst and one being lifted up by the throat in one of her arm's. "You seem to know who I am ... so who are you?" he asked, she looked at him with a happy smirk "hasn't your girlfriend playing house told you yet ... I believe her name was? ... Do you remember her name?" Steven heard footsteps coming from his right and left side "I think it was Jasper wasn't it" as another gem stepped out from the right side with a gem on her chest just like the first one.

"We've had some runnings with her before but she always managed to escape" as the third gem smiled walking out of the shadows with a devious pose bearing the same features as the other two gems. "The Diamonds spoke good things about you back on homeworld, I heard that your mom shattered Pink Diamond" as the leader spoke. "Drop them and we can talk" Steven commanded, the gem with the scar on her right eye laughed mockingly "better watch out everybody we have a hero on our hands." The gem was smiling and the others surrounding Steven walked around him "He is a special one isn't he" The purple and white gem said from the left. "Looks like he is a part gem ... actually no" the bronze and white gem put its hand out in front "Amber we need this one." The gem standing holding the two Amethyst just laughed "Really Oracle what do we need this semi-organic for? he is barely a gem." Oracle just stared at Amber unfazed and unbreaking walking over to whisper something in her ear "He is more than a gem."