1- new school start

"Here goes nothing," I huff as I push open the doors to my new school. Good attitude, I remind myself.

So many people crowd the first hall I walk into. They all are going in the same direction though. It seems like a swim meet, both sides of the hall full with fast moving people.

I drop my notebook onto the floor in front of me. I sigh, having to reach down and awkwardly bend myself. I need to find the office to get my books and schedule but no one looks willing to stop what they are doing. I take a better look around, grazing my eyes over the student-filled hallway. Something, or should I say someone, catches my eye and before I know it I'm walking closer to what seems to be a hardcore group of about four boys. I mean they look intimidating and all, but they are just staring off into space, eyes searching the halls looking at all the people and taking it in.

I mean I have a tattoo and all. It's embarrassing actually, they way I got it. It's on the back of my neck so I always wear my long loosely curly red hair down and never up.

I guess the gang of students spotted me lost in my own thoughts because the dark brown haired guy whispered to a blonde boy while pointing at me. I quickly look away, scared of what they are saying, and I start walking in the direction everyone else is.

Anyways, I have to get someone to help me with directions. For a split second I consider asking someone from that group but my conscience says no, don't get involved in that crowd. They seem... dangerous? I don't know. Maybe I'm stereotyping.

I almost jump out of my skin as I feel a hand grab my waist and pull me out of the flow of students getting to class on time. My mind raced of possible people that could've did this and what was going to happen to me. I had no clue. Has someone been watching me? I know no one here.

Just my luck. (Did I already mention I have bad luck?) As I turn around, I am met by the face of the blonde boy that was leaning on the wall with his mates. He smirked at my facial expression once I saw who it was. I probably looked terrified out of my mind.

He let go of my waist and searched my face. I was scared, no doubt about it but I just wanted him to say something and not just stare at me.

"What's your name, love?" he finally asked after a couple seconds of dreadful silence. His voice was surprisingly not as deep as I thought it would be, it was kind of friendly.

I looked around hoping an adult would notice me 'the new girl', and take me away before I would have to answer. No such luck.

"Ssamantha," I said. Well, that came out very stuttered.

He smiled. "Pleased to meet you new girl named Samantha. I'm Niall!"

I smiled back. This was coming along nice. I might make a friend! I got my hopes up and decided to ask him about my situation.

"Do you know where I need to go to get my schedule and-"

I was interrupted by a brown haired boy that was in the gang Niall was in.

"Come on Niall. we got to scope out where Harry is. He should be here by now." Who was Harry? Probably another misfit kid in their group.

Niall looked at the boy then back at me with a mixture of a sad and angry face on. "Gotta go," he said as he walked over to his gang.

This day keeps getting better and better, I think. Niall totally just blew me off to find this 'Harry' guy. I guess I'm on my own now.

I start walking again in the same direction I was before I was stopped by him.

***

The whole rest of the day was just bad. Eventually, I found the office and got all my necessary things... 20 minutes after the first bell for homeroom rung. I was so late. I still had to figure out my locker but I decided to go straight to homeroom which was only for 10 more minutes. So with all my books, schedule, and backpack full of everything I could possibly need for the school year.

I walked into a completely silent room full of kids my age doing last minute homework, reading, or they were on their phone. The teacher didn't look up from her laptop until I walked to her desk, and cleared my throat.

She smiled at me. "You must be the new student, Samantha, right?" I'm sure the whole class was looking up at me by now. "I'm Mrs. Turner! Do we have any empty seats for Miss Summers?" She asked the class.

Almost everyone went back to doing what they were previously, except for one guy. The guy. The guy named Niall. His hand shot up and he had a friendly smirk on his face. Ughh, why was he being so nice to me? It was starting to freak me out. I was not going to get involved in any boys or drama this time around.

And surely there was an empty seat next to him. Two actually. How surprising. He was all nice except for his bad-boy appearance.

I smiled and quickly said thank you to the teacher and sat down right next to Niall. I just sat there for a while, fiddling nervously with my pencil until someone poked my leg.

"Hey!" Niall whisper yelled. Gladly, no one noticed. "What's your next class?" Wow. Clever small talk dude.

"Physics with a guy named Mr. Howard," I whispered back. "You?"

"Weights," he replied and flexed his arm that was closest to me. I giggled at his bad flirting skills. He laughed along with me.

But suddenly our laughs were interrupted by the door opening and a tall brown curly haired boy walked in.

"You're late again Mr. Styles. This time by 28 minutes!" Mrs. Turner reminded him. He didn't even react. He looked directly at Niall and then me. I froze in my place then looked at Niall. He had an annoyed look on his face, which surprised me because a minute ago we were laughing.

This 'Styles' guy walked over and sat in the seat next to me. We made very odd eye contact for half a second and he smirked. He leaned back in his seat and rested his hands on his head. The last minute and half was awkwardly silent.

The ringing of the school bell didn't come fast enough. Everyone headed out the door quickly except Niall and 'Styles' (still don't know his first name).I caught a snip of their conversation.

"Who is she and why was she in my seat?" Styles questioned.

"Calm down Harry. She's Samantha and she is new and needed a seat and you were late once again. Liam, Zayn, Louis and I even tried to find you, but we didn't know where you were..." Niall answered back. I note that his name is Harry and it all makes sense why he was late. And with that, I was out the door to my next class.