43- skip day

I woke up and my head was pounding like nothing I've ever felt before. The ice pack melted and made my shirt wet... and my school papers.

Shit! My school work! I forgot all about that after what happened.

I try to move my arms but they won't give in. I have no strength what's so ever. My head pounds even harder as I try to even reposition myself on my bed.

Ashley walks out of the bathroom with wet hair and fresh clothes on. Since when does she get up by herself? She takes a look at me and frowns.

"Awe Sam. Are you okay?" Ashley sets her towel down on her bed and walks over to my bed. She plops down next to my side and makes the bed jiggle. I groan.

"No," I manage to mumble out.

I feel the back of her hand lightly touch my forehead.

"Oh God Sam!"

"What?" I mumble again.

"You're sick."

"How can you tell?" I stupidly ask.

"Her forehead is burning and you don't even need to know that to tell. You can tell from the way you look."

She picks up strands of my curly hair and brushes her fingers through them, which hurts.

"Your hair is a literal mess and you are as pale as a ghost," she continues.

"Jee thanks."

"... So I take it your not coming with me to classes?"

I manage to pull my blanket over my head to shield my now sensitive eyes from the morning sun that is poking through our only window.

I groan again in response to her.

"I guess no then," Ashley says and finally gets off my bed.

"That's good I guess," she says while walking away from me. "You should stay here. I'll tell you what you missed in the class we have together."

I hear keys rattle and more footsteps.

"Thanks," I mutter through the blanket.

"Feel better," Ashley calls and I hear the door shut.

If only I had the strength to get myself going today. I know I should try and apologize to Harry but I just physically can't today. I know what happened last night was horrible. Logan should've left the very second he came. It was absolutely unnecessary for him to show up suddenly.. and so late in the day. I know if I were Harry, I would be as infuriated as he was. It would crush me to see an unfamiliar girl in his house at ten even if Niall or one of the boys was there too with them.

I also wish I didn't feel like absolute shit because I have already skipped a day of work and I don't want to miss another. I know Rose needs me there. But I guess she's alright with Kendall there all the time now...

Harry's POV

I open the door to what is hopefully the café where Sam works at.

Surprise her.

Niall's words run over and over in my head. And this is what came out of it. A surprise at work.

I should've called her to apologize in voice first so if she reacts weird here, it won't cause a scene... but I didn't think of that until now. At least I have arrived a little after 4 because I know that's when she gets here.

I step inside. A few table are occupied by older people sipping their coffee.
The smell of coffee beans is so strong in here, I might puke. Coffee has never been my thing, alcohol has. That's what wakes me up.

I try not to think about the instances of why I am here to apologize to her while I take more steps inside. A fucking douchebag-

Stopping in place, I take a breath. I have to remember what else Niall said. She's good for you.

She is. And probably always will. We have been through a lot and I can't let her go off from something that is this small. I trust Sam enough to know its something small. And it's not like I caught her kissing him or anything. I know she would never do that. It's just a big misunderstanding, I tell myself.

Suddenly, I hear gasping. Oh crap...

I look up from where I was staring at the floor.

A brunette girl about the same age stands before me, behind the counter and register with an apron on. Her brown eyes are wild with excitement but are a little confused.

"You're... you're..."

I look around the room again. People haven't started looking at us. Good. But more cars are pulled into the parking lot then when I pulled in.

"Just a customer looking for an employee," I finish for her.

"No you're Harry Styles! From One Direction!!" she squeaks. And her eyes widen as if she just realized what's going on again.

"Yes. Yes," I dismiss. Once again, when I don't want the attention, I get it. "Can you help me?"

"Yes of course," she rushes and looks straight into my eyes.

This girl is quite different than Sam. Makeup is piled onto her precise face. She is much taller and tanner, and her eyes and hair are dark unlike Sam. She looks like the complete opposite of Sam; something you would see on a magazine or ad or even a runway. But in some odd way, she can't even compare the slightest to Sam. Something about this girl is fake and nothing like my Sam.

"Can I please speak to Samantha Summers?" I ask in the nicest way possible.

Her eyes zone out for a second and she stares at the floor as if she is either remembering something or realizing something.

"Yes," she says. "One second." The girl rushes from behind the counter and through a door that most likely leads to an 'employees only' area.

I tap my feet in the mean time as I wait for the brunette, who's name I haven't got yet, to come back out.

I look over my shoulder to find that not one pap has gotten out of their car. Weird...

The girl scampers back out from the enclosed area.. without Sam.

She sets her hands down on the glass counter that displays all the pastries they sell.

The girl clears her throat before saying something. "Sam is really busy making a cake right now. She said she would be out in like 5 minutes and then she rushed me out."

I nod.

"Can I get you anything while you wait?" Her tone changes as casual as it can. She starts to walk towards a four-person table. I follow her. She sets up the table places, putting two pairs of silverware down which is odd.

"Sure." I slide into one of the chairs with silverware.

"What can I get you?" She smiles widely when she asks.

"Hot tea please."

"An English thing I guess." She smirks.

"Yeah." I say agreement. She's right. My whole family loves tea. It's in my blood I guess.

The girl stands there for a while. I don't want to look up at her to see if she is staring at me, that would be creepy though, if she was. I take out my phone to distract myself from yelling at her to go and get my tea. I have to be nice to fans. Plus, Sam will be out in a few minutes.

"Oh sorry! I'll go get that!" She scurries off and I breathe a breath of relief.

___________________________

A/N:

I haven't updated in a week! I feel so bad! Sorry!!!!!

But I hoped you liked this chapter.

;) bee