Chapter 14

"What are you doing?" I sounded breathless.
"I'm only trying to reach the cutlery drawer." His teeth grazed over my sensitive skin and I couldn't stop the pant coming from my throat when he sucked at my sweet spot.
I enjoyed his caresses for as long as I could, when the loud sizzling in the pan interrupted us.
"George, stop. Please." I turned around to look at him, but he silenced me with his lips on mine. Sighing against his mouth, I leaned into him even more. As if my body had forgotten how good his kisses were.
"Don't you like it? I'll stop if you tell me you don't really want this."
I smelled the food beginning to burn, so I pulled away from his lips. "Please. I do like it, but this is not why I wanted to see you." That was only partially true. "There is still so much between us and you can't just kiss me whenever I want to talk about it."
He got hold of my waist again and looked me straight into the eyes. "Why do you keep fighting me if you like it?"
It seemed to be absolutely worthless to try and explain it to him, so I just pushed him a step away from me. "I keep fighting you because we still haven't talked about... I just can't..."
I went to stir the food and let out a relieved sigh when I saw that it was still okay. My breath was still heavier than I wanted it to be and I sighed when I heard George leaving the kitchen. Having this distance between us made it easier for me to breathe. This had to stop. We needed to stay reasonable.
For the rest of me preparing dinner there was an awkward silence between us. George sipped his water quietly, the only noise was the glass hitting the wooden table. Eventually he came back into the kitchen, keeping a safe distance between us.
"Look, I'm sorry. I... I just don't know how to act around you."
George stood there, his hands buried in his pockets and a guilty look in his eyes. Not knowing what to answer I just ignored what he said and got the stir fry on two plates, carrying them over to him.
He took the plates from me and put them on the table.
I sat across him, pouring myself another glass of water and looked at him for a second. "Look, George, it is not like I don't enjoy kissing you." I swallowed. "But don't you see that I can't spend time with an engaged man? And I'm getting really tired of having to remind you of your relationship. I said you could explain it to me, not that I wanted to stay in contact" It hurt to say those words, but it was for the best.
I started eating to give him a moment to think about my words.
"Adrianna and I are a joke. Our managements don't want us to break up because we are the absolute dream couple in Hollywood right now. Famous, but happy and stable, originally from Venezuela and Greece, but no drug scandals or party fights. We are that couple that every management wants to show off as an example that famous "ethnic" couples are not just gangsters and sex workers. As if the Obama's didn't have that covered."
He sighed heavily and started eating as well.
I searched for words.
"So you are saying that you and Adriana aren't the dream couple everyone thinks you are?"
George shook his head. "No. We might have been madly in love a long time ago, but the last few months if not even years were hell. She is a control freak, extremely jealous over everything I do and possessive. Not because of love or sex, it's only for money and success. That is the real reason why we don't get married. I want to break up but she is so obsessed with her career and my name. Adrianna Oscar, that is what she wants. And right now my management wants that too."
I just shook my head. "This is madness. You can't just tell me your fiancé is a crazy woman and your management forces you to live with her. Do you really expect me to get involved in this? It is exactly what I am worried about. If not even your relationship is real, what is?"
I hoped for a humble answer from the George who cared about the people around him and had great friends and a genuine life, but he had no answer. His mouth opened and closed. He didn't know what to say, which once again proved my point. I could not live this life.
We ate in silence for the rest of dinner, I had nothing else to say and he seemed to think about my question a lot. When I went to clean up, he just held my arm back. "Let me do that."
I smiled politely. "Thank you."

To avoid being close to him again, I went outside on to the balcony and lit up a cigarette. It was finally cooler outside and a shiver went over my naked arms.
I felt a piece of fabric around my shoulders and George's hands stroking down my arms
"Could I borrow your lighter?"
I turned around to see a quiet George behind me, a cigarette between his lips and a small smile on his face. I held my lighter out to him and returned his smile. It was moments like these that felt the best. I pulled the blanket George had given me closer around my body and watched his face in the soft light of the street lights. Turning back around I felt him step closer and wrap his arms around me, resting his chin on my shoulder. He blew the cigarette smoke past the side of my head and I leaned closer against him. We started talking again, quietly to not attract the attention of any neighbours. When I pushed my second cigarette into the ashtray I snuggled closer against George, closing my eyes, while recapping the evening in my mind. I still wasn't at the point where I could say I didn't want to see George again. Just the thought of cancelling him out of my life made me shiver.
"We should go back inside. I'm really doing my best at warming you up, but even my powers have limits."
I shook my head at his silly joke, but stepped out of his embrace. Even with the blanket around my shoulders I immediately felt even colder.
Coming back into the living room I put the blanket down and got myself a jumper while George was in charge of the wine bottle in the fridge. When I got back, I saw George just looking out of the window, two filled wine glasses next to the bouquet of lilies.
We sat next to each other on the sofa and I immediately took the glass of wine. It felt like the right moment for liquid courage.
"You asked earlier, what was real in my life. This right here. No bodyguards, fans or paparazzi, no crazy fiancé or PA. Enjoying a glass of wine with a person who sees through me. That is real." He turned his face to me and I smiled at him.
"I know." I sat back down next to him. "But the paparazzi and the PA are part of you. And that part scares me. I can't come in the middle of it." I looked at George with regret. "I'm sorry, but you deserve the truth if you want to risk so much for this." I moved my finger between the two of us. "Even though I have no idea what this is."
We stood in my hallway, awkwardly starring away from each other. It was over, we both knew it. There was just too much going on and I couldn't deal with all of that in my life.
"I'm sorry about how complicated things got. I never meant to pull you into something like this." George gave me an apologetic smile.
"It's okay. It was quite exciting to be honest. If there is any need for an apology than it should be me apologising for breaking this up." I tried to laugh but failed, sounding more insecure than I wanted.
"Thank you for the evening anyway." He turned around to open the door of my flat.
"That's alright. I'm glad that we got to clear things up. I don't know if I will ever see you again, but if I do, I would not want something like this standing between us. It would be highly unprofessional." I held the door open for him and watched him step into the dark hallway. Swallowing hard I leaned against the wooden door.
George's gaze wandered up and down my body once again. His eyes met mine. "It would be very unprofessional." His voice sounded throaty.
"Good bye, George."
This was really it. My little adventure was over. I was relieved. Or not? My body tensed up as I slowly took a step back into my flat. Why was this so hard?
"Good bye, Alexandra." His voice was even lower than before and I could see his jaw tense up.
I slowly closed the door, holding George's gaze for as long as I could before the lock clicked. I was entirely numb for a minute. Standing paralysed in my hallway.
Then something snapped inside me. I tore the door open again and tumbled against George who was still standing in front of my door. His hands went to my waist, caressing my skin under my top and he stared deep into my eyes, mouth slightly parted. Without thinking, I kissed him. I wasn't able to let this go. I had no idea what I got myself into but the second his lips touched mine, I knew I needed him. My arms went around his broad shoulders and my eyes fell shut. He was so close to me that I couldn't think. His hands, his smell, his lips were all over me, taking me in and not letting go. We moved back into my flat, George closed the door behind me and pressed me against it, without losing contact between our lips. I was unable to breathe, my head got light. I intertwined my fingers in his hair, pulling him away for a second. This shouldn't be happening. I spent the last three hours convincing myself why we shouldn't do this.
I pulled his face down to me again and kissed him with such passion and force that I nearly clashed our teeth together. His grip around my waist got tighter and I leaned into him even more.
"Bedroom, please George."
Stumbling we made our way to my bedroom and I pushed George into the pillows. He laid back watching me and I slowly pulled my top over my head. All thoughts about how this was not a good idea went out of the window when I revealed myself to his burning eyes.
George licked his lips and slowly gazed down my body. He got up from the bed and walked over to me, sliding off his shirt and showing me every inch of his perfect, muscular upper body. Every ridge and every little curve of his six-pack looked delicious in the soft light shining in to my bedroom.
I pulled my lip between my teeth and started chewing on it, watching this gorgeous man strip of his clothes for me. My body was so close to his, I could feel the heat radiating around him and sending shivers straight to my core.
Before he could continue his little show, I moved my hands to his chest, dragging my fingers over his nipple and over his toned stomach, he tensed under my touch.
We didn't need any words, we knew exactly what we wanted and we were not going to stop.

Original AN: I ended this chapter here because I am still not sure how explicit I want this story to be. But don't be disappointed, if you want to continue reading and are comfortable with more mature content, then head over to

https://www.wattpad.com/story/175266780-the-interview-private-chapters

or just go on to my profile and check it out there.

If you do not want to read more sexual content, that's fine too because the story will just continue normally :)

Do you think this is a good way too handle sex scenes or would you like it some other way?

AN: Cutting out the more explicit scenes really makes this a very short chapter. Sorry, guys, but you can head over to the book that I specifically created for the good stuff ;)

I hope you enjoyed this chapter. If you did, please leave a comment or a vote :)

Xo Lena