Wax

Key Six: Wax:

Drip! Drip!

Allen slowly awoke to feeling something like hot wax touch the wounds on his back. At first, he was so out of it that he didn't grasp what was going on.

Hm?, he thought as his eyes looked behind him. His mistress stood over him, smirking. Allen blinked before he could get it.

Huh?, he thought. The third drip sank into his brain, fully waking him. The angel clenched his teeth as he sucked in a mouthful of air. Road stood over her pet with a lit candle in her hand. She licked her lips at him.

"Good morning, darling," she cooed. Allen gritted his teeth at her. His mistress kept her eyes on him.

"Still fighting, huh?" she asked. The mistress moved the candle to the other wound on his back. Drip! Drip! Drip! Drip! Allen clenched his teeth again. Road leaned in and smelled his hair. The scent of him died away months ago. The only thing that remained was sweat. Sweat mixed in with the scent of blood. She traced a finger along his bruised and bloodied back.

"Mmm," she said. "You're all sweaty." She licked up his back, trace around the dried wax drops. Her nails sank into side. Allen clenched his fists. He mumbled something at her. Road paused and looked at him.

"I'm sorry?" she asked. She leaned down to hear him better. The angel gave her a weak chuckle. He lifted his head at her.

"You think I'll break because you're doing this to me?" he asked. Road glared at him and slammed his face into the marble. A little blood leaked from his nose. He still refused to break down. Seems that pain itself was starting to wear off again. Looks like it's time to use that tact. Oh yes, she hadn't shown him the "special" room in the basement of this mighty tower. Even the most rebellious of angels couldn't stand to stay in that room for too long. If angels ever went back in that room a second time, it would be a permanent stay. Road's mood changed as she smirked at him. She lifted his head so that their eyes met.

"Oh, is that how you want to play it?" she asked. Allen looked at her on that question. Her tone sent a shiver to his belly like it never had in the past. Before he could say a word, she grabbed him by the head and dragged him down the hall with her.

"Ow, ow!" he muttered to himself. "What the hell?" The sound of her footsteps doubled as she power walked through the pitch black around them. She took him into the elevator and pressed the down button. The trip to the ground floor of the tower took about twenty minutes. Allen watched the numbers as they counted down to the pit of the tower.

When the doors opened, Road dragged Allen all the way out to a room full of glass displays. She shoved him to the dirty marble floor and entered in a code on the keypad near the back exit. The air was much thinner and stale compared to the upper floors. Allen closed his eyes to try and catch his breath. Little traces of pain stretched out on his back where his wings used to be.

It is as they said, he thought. The lower down you go, the worse it is after you lose your wings. Road watched her pet for a moment while she built up the nasty little shock that awaited him here.

"Take a look around you!" she announced. "This is where all of the bad angels go that refuse to break like they are supposed to." The angel opened his eyes fully when he heard a low hum in the room. The dim green light made him squint in pain. He paused when something caught his attention. One pale arm like a bone hung to the right side of something. Allen sat up and took notice for the first few seconds.

"What the..." he mumbled as his eyes followed the arm to its owner.