☆ t h r e e ☆

The first thought on Adora's mind when she woke up was Catra. The second thing on her mind was cereal.

"Not to be all judgy," Lonnie raised an eyebrow as Adora slammed her bowl on the counter, "But that is like the angriest bowl of cereal I have ever seen you make. Everything ok?"

"Everything's just peachy," Adora glared down the box of Captain Crunch as she spilled its contents into the bowl.

Lonnie nodded as Adora stuffed the box back into the pantry and nearly broke the utensil drawer as she slammed it open.

"Is this about Catra?"

"Why would you think its about Catra?" Adora pointed her spoon accusingly at Lonnie. She couldn't help but notice the guilt in the latter girl's tone when she spoke. Adora turned around only for a moment to grab the milk before directing her gaze at Lonnie once more. Simultaneously as she poured the milk she found herself aiming her spoon at Lonnie once again, her weapon in a battle for truth. "Do you know where she is? Did you do something to her? Or say something again?"

"Adora. The milk."

Adora looked down to see she had in fact filled the bowl to its brim and the excess milk was in fact spilling over. Cursing, albeit under her breath, Adora set aside her interrogation in search of some paper towels.

"Look." Lonnie was taking pity on her roommate. "Maybe Catra and I had a little...confrontation. Last I saw her she was with Scorpia. Why don't you try asking her."

Adora pretended to ignore Lonnie as she took her now soggy bowl of cereal into her room to contemplate whether she should actually try contacting Catra again. Who knows, Adora thought, maybe Catra just accidentally read my message. Maybe she forgot to respond. There were plenty of reasonable explanations after all.

Throwing on her jacket and fixing her hair into her signature ponytail, Adora hopped in the car in hopes of getting to school early. She'd be lying to herself though if she didn't say she was disappointed to see Scorpia's car already gone when she drove past.

Once at school, Adora made a bee-line to her locker in hopes that she would find her friend there waiting. Instead, she found two.

"Bow, Glimmer...hows it going?" Adora said, not hiding her disappointment very well.

"Uh, nice to see you too," Bow joked, throwing in an elbow nudge for good measure. "Something on your mind?"

Adora scanned the hallway one more time before deciding: "No, not really."

"Well," Glimmer said in a sing-song voice, "Bow and I were wondering if you wanted to hang out later today."

"Like, in public?" Adora teased.

After a couple rounds of 'oh shut ups' the three came to a decision that they would meet up after school at the shake shop not too far from Brightmoon. Something about being immersed in the culture.

Eventually Bow and Glimmer decided they needed to start heading to the science buildings which were across campus in an unreasonably secluded area. Adora bid them farewell and almost began to make her way to her own first period when she spotted Catra coming her way.

Adora had thought over how she would first approach her. With concern? Anger? Confusion? All viable options until Adora saw the massive bruise on Catra's face.

"What the hell happened to you?" The words slipped out of Adora's mouth.

"Lonnie's ego," Catra shrugged, hardly glancing at the girl as she settled by her own locker. "Don't worry though, I got in some good hits too."