2. Jin Kai's Past

Hihi, this is the second bonus chapter. And this one features Jin Kai! So go on and let's see what our ML will be like. Although this is not part of the main book, it can provide some info about our ML.

-------------------------------------------------------

For the past few days, Jin Kai flew to one city to another, but yet no signs of her. This is already his fifth city and yet, it seems like this one will turn up fruitless as well. Staring at the jade pendant in his hands, he can't help but smile bitterly.

She's really here in this world, right?

But where?

It seems like these days he's been sighing a lot. Looking at the far distance through the windowpane, it was all covered in white. Winter has already started, covering the land in its pillowy white, mesmerizing and pure. He absentmindedly stared at the snow, not noticing the slight smile on his lips.

"It was exactly day like this, wasn't it?", he whispered to himself as he drowns himself in the memories.

It was exactly on a day like this that Jin Kai, a juvenile in his past life, walked down the narrow streets with nothing more but a hoodie to keep him warm. His warm breath created white circles in the air as he continues to shivers as he walks. His short black hair stuck out from under the hood, making him look more and more like a delinquent.

And to make things worse, this is what he was thinking: My father is an as*h*le

Now before you all judge, you must know that he's right. He's simply that much of a jerk. I could go on and on, but that's for another time.

So the man walked down the street with thunderous as he grumbles, scaring away nearby strangers. But it seems like he didn't do a good enough job of scaring people. As he walks with a thunderous face, someone bumped into him.

Wait. Correction: Crashed into him.

The impact was so strong that it sent them both towards the ground with him as the cushion. Cursing and enduring the pain, he looked up to find that the culprit was no other than a young girl around his age. She was quite pretty with her long black hair pulled back into a ponytail, giving off a fresh but mature look. However, he could care less about looks right now. Even if she was as beautiful as a goddess, he would still glare at her as he is doing right now.

Yet, the girl in question was too busy rubbing her red face to notice his murderous glare. And finally paying attention to him at last, all she did was flashed him an apologetic smile and single word sorry.

That's it?

That's it??!!!!

Sorry isn't going to reverse that fall nor the pain!!!

But he was too annoyed at the moment to pick a fight with her. So he just shot her another glare and walked away.

Though he didn't forget to say, "Bit*h"

And that caused the walking girl to stop in her right in her tracks.

"Excuse me?!" The man just clicked his tongue and continued to walk. But it was just not his day.

Something suddenly hit him squared in the shoulder, causing him to halt suddenly. Turning around, he saw the girl with her hand outstretched and the snowball on his shoulder. And naturally, he connected the two together.

His face turned dark by the second as he slowly raised his arm to dust the snow away. And provoking the devil, the girl stuck her tongue out, "Revenge!"

Revenge huh?

Oh, he'll show her the meaning of that word. Bending to the ground, he grabbed a handful of snow before crunching them into a ball. The girl seeing that, paled and of course, begins to run.

But before she got too far, he threw the snowball and hit her right in the middle.

With an evil smile, he simply said, "Now that's revenge."

The girl slowly turned around to reveal an equally evil smile on her face.

"Oh hoho" , she laughed mockingly. Then suddenly, she launched a snowball straight for his face. His eyes widen in surprise as his body instinctively moved to avoid the incoming bomb. And he barely misses it by a hair's width.

"Oh, it's on now!" , he shouts as they both start throwing the lethal snowballs at each other.

And let this author announce, the start of a brutal war. Perhaps the coldest war of all. The snowball fight.

And at the end of the day, they both collapsed down panting and numb from the cold. Although they were both exhausted and freezing, there was a happy grin on their faces.

"Oy, woman." , he called tiredly.

"Hm?" , the girl hummed in answer

"Come closer. Maybe my glorious lights of victory might bring you out of your miserable loss" , he cheekily grinned.

"Oh hoho" , she laughed mockingly.

"Whatchu mean by that laugh?!"

"Hehe."

"Oy, woman."

"It's not 'woman'. I have a name, dumbo.", she replied irritatedly.

"Oh, I'm sorry. I totally didn't know~" , he replied sarcastically.

She just rolled her eyes and continued to stare at the sky.

Turning to her, he looked at her seriously before saying, "Kai. Jin Kai. Remember that."

Looking at the boy's serious face, she couldn't help but be amused. So he can serious too, huh?

"Well, Jin Kai, I'm Rena. It was nice to crash into you.", she laughed, reminding him of how they met. He just 'tched' before standing up as well as help her stand up too.

Looking up at the setting sun, he just realized that he just spent his whole day throwing snowballs and can't help but sigh helplessly. But through his sigh, a small smile spread across his lips.

"I guess I'll see you around sometimes?" , Rena asked, snapping Jin Kai out of his thoughts.

"Of course. After all, I can't lose my snowball buddy." , he replied with a smirk before walking away, leaving Rena with a helpless smile on her face.

Rena... I'll remember that name.

-------------------------------------------------------

A reminder that Xi Rin's name was Rena before they changed it.